Disappointed with PayPal decision to not to protect seller

db01
Contributor
Contributor

Recently sold a Suhr Archtop Guitar to a buyer.  He damaged my guitar after he played it and wanted to return with full refund.  He refused to let Fedex come and inspect the guitar.  I brought this to Paypal attention and they didnt seem to want to do anything and advised me to take this issue to a small court claim. So now I ended up with a damaged guitar and I lost almost 200 dollars for this transaction with alot of work packing and shipping. Thank you paypal for really going out of your way to protect Seller.  Remember Sellers are the one that generate revenues, not buyer, we pay a fee everytime we sell something.  Please revise your policy.  Now I think twice before doing business with paypal.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@db01

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is always one persons word against anothers.

There is no way to know if the guitar was damaged when you sent it or the buyer damaged it so paypal tell you to refund the buyer BUT they have to return the item back to you first (normally at their own expense) before you have to refund.

But that does not mean you can't take out private legal action yourself against the buyer.

Also if the buyer had not used paypal and just paid with his c.c. then if his c.c. company found in his favour sellers have to refund and often don't get the item back !!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

db01
Contributor
Contributor

So can I still dispute in regarding to this matter?  Buyer sent me a picture of my guitar plugged into his amp in the background, he did played through my guitar.  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi db01,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this sale. If the item was returned to you in a condition different from what was shipped out, you can file an appeal with PayPal by following these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Center.
  3. Select Closed Cases from the list and find the transaction.
  4. Click the View button in the Action column.
  5. Click Appeal this claim and follow the prompts

Please note that once the claim is closed, you will have 10 calendar days to appeal this decision.

-AshleyP<3

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.