DON'T BELIEVE YOU HAVE A QA DEPARTMENT DESPITE PAYPAL JOB LISTINGS!

scifieve
Contributor
Contributor

I literally LOL'ed (laughter just burst out of me) when a search for Quality Assurance returned 3 job openings posted for Paypal Employment!   Most ridiculous thing ever because  I DON"T BELIEVE PAYPAL HAS A QUALITY ASSURANCE DEPARTMENT!   If I'm wrong, you should probably contact Ripley's or whoever controls world record holders for everything imaginable. Because if Paypal really does have a Quality Assurance department -- it must be the most incompetent group of people ever assembled!  Truly one for the record books!

Your software is buggy and you don't quality check even the most basic of things on your website pages (I'm talking www.paypal.com - not anything related to merchants using application software on another website).  Here's an easy example that should be no problem to replicate . . . even for the brainless & braindead like your QA staff  😉    LOL! ...

. . . Go to the Resolution Center.   Click the link on the web page that reads "Understanding Chargebacks".   You will get this error:   "You have requested an outdated version of Paypal.  This error often results from the use of bookmarks."    YEAH - UH  HUH - but it's Paypal's bookmark that hasn't been properly updated (i.e. the link should have taken me somewhere - preferrably somewhere that has information that might even help me to understand chargebacks - imagine that!)

That's just a super easy one to replicate - but I get that silly error about trying to use outdated Paypal from SOOOOOO MANY links all over the Paypal website.    Another one (not as easily replicated) is if you are viewing an automated subscription or recurring payment transacion.   At the top there will be a link to "View Billing Agreement" -- that link ACTUALLY WORKS! (woo hoo!) .  But at the bottom of the page, there's another link that reads "View Billing Agreement Terms and Conditions".  Guess where that link is gonna take you should you be bold enough to click it??   YEAH UH HUH - "You have requested an outdated version of Paypal.  This error often results from the use of bookmarks."    

So as a former Software Applications Director who wrote the book on Quality Assurance, here's a tip:  To ensure a good customer experience, you should be quality checking every button and every link on every web page presented to the public to verify that it's still valid and working or remove it if it's truly obsolete.   That's just a very basic quality assurance task that maximizes warm fuzzies from your customers rather than lots of hateful messages on community message boards (which allow you to avoid actually providing any worthwhile customer service by simply throwing all your angry customers into a forum where they can **bleep** at and with one another about your lousy service).

I won't even start on my real contempt for "PAYPAY THE I CAN'T COMPANY" (saw that on a post and it cracked me up - SO TRUE!) which is your God awful BUGGY AS **bleep** software and the ABSOLUTE LACK OF ANY COMPETENT QUALITY ASSURANCE for your constantly changing software.   But that's just the tip of the iceberg of Paypal's horribly lousy service - I'm almost certain you don't have an actual customer support department either - just customer service reps who are in the same boat as us customers - lousy internal software & lack of training & quality assurance means they can't help us or answer us or give us any real assistance.     

I guess I understand why you don't provide any mechanism whatsoever to REPORT BUGS - especially website bugs, since you're obvsiouly not going to do anything about them anyway.   But these community message board forums are such a copout to actually providing a good product and good service to your customers -- one of the many reason I despise both eBay & Paypal corporate organizations.   I mostly despise them for failling to put resources into providing a better software product & the best customer service possible for customer retention, satisfaction, & loyalty rather than focusing solely on growth, expansion & marketing to new customers.  Instead, they cop out with NO SOLUTION solutions like making it as difficult as possible for customers to have a good experience using their products and then channeling those customers to Community forums to figure it out themselves so they can continue to ignore any & all frustrations & irritations those customers experience..   Hope eBay & Paypal retain their stranglehold on the market . . . NOT!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Rich

Hi scifieve!

I appreciate that you've taken the time to provide us all of this valuable feedback. Thanks for contributing to our community discussion boards.

As a former QA analyst (not for PayPal) myself, I definitely appreciate your concern but we absolutely do have channels for our customers to report issues on our site.

1. A customer can visit https://developer.paypal.com/support/ and select the option "report bugs or issues" and then select "Contact" at the bottom of the page to fill out an Merchant Technical Support form.

2. One can simply select "Feedback" at the bottom of almost any PayPal page to submit a site issue.

3. Customers can also click Contact Us to send an email or give us a call.

I hope you find these recommendations helpful. We are constantly updating our site to provide a better customer experience and expand our services but I can completely understand we aren't perfect. The great thing about our community board is that it provides the PayPal Community an opportunity to discuss our flaws and thus pave the way for future improvements!

Thanks again for being a part of that. You are appreciated.

-Rich

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Rich

Can i ask why you sent me that last email linking to a thread that was promptly removed??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.