Current Bill Me Later reviews??

krl109
Contributor
Contributor

So I'm thinking about trying Bill Me Later for some future purchases, but feel that I need some second opinions before making the decision. I've seen some posts about cases where customer service is incompetent to resolve problems, account linking problems, checkout problems, not recieving the promotions, etc. Where does BML stand today?? Has the feature improved lately?? Or is it still having problems?? 

Also, are there extra fees that you pay when making the monthly payments on what you buy? Or any other hidden things??

And since it's my first time using a credit line type of system, what are the basic things to understand about them?? Like APR and interest rates and what not.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
93 REPLIES 93

PayPal_Nicole

Hi krl109,

Thank you for asking about Bill Me Later!

Allow me to explain how  Bill Me Later works.

There are three types of options that you may see, depending on what the merchant is offering.

1) "No Payments Until" deferred interest programs. With this option, no payments are due before the promotion expiration date and interest is deferred during the promotional period. If you pay your balance in full by the promotion expiration date, you do not have to pay any interest. If you do not pay your balance in full within the promotional period, interest will be billed from the date of the purchase.

2) "No Interest if Paid In Full" deferred interest programs. With this option, you are required to make the minimum monthly payment, as described in your billing statement and interest is deferred during the promotional period. If you pay your balance in full by the promotion expiration date, you do not have to pay any accrued interest. If you do not pay your balance in full within the promotional period, interest will be billed from the date of the purchase.

3) Standard Purchases is a purchase not made under a promotion. Purchase will be subject to monthly interest charges

Shortly after your first purchase, you’ll receive a welcome email (if you didn’t receive this email, please update your spam filters to accept Bill Me Later messages). Then, about 3-4 days after your purchase ships from a retailer, you’ll receive a billing statement in the mail.

For standard purchases the Annual Percentage Rate is 19.99%. The Minimum Interest Charge is $2.00. Of course, you can choose to pay your entire balance by the payment due date and not incur interest charges.

Also, When you check out with PayPal and pay with Bill Me Later, you are covered under PayPal’s Purchase Protection program

I hope that helps, if you have an questions, please contact our customer support team at 866-528-3733.

Thank you,
Nicole
PayPal Credit
Login to Me Too

SatanTheCowboy
New Community Member

Hello, I had a question about purchases that exceed 99$. If I were to buy something that costs (for example) 5,000$, would I have the option to make monthly payments of say, 300$, until the debt was paid in full? Or do I actually only have 6 months to pay that off in full before I start collecting late fees? If that's not an option as of yet, would you guys up at Pay Pal ever consider such an option?

Login to Me Too

LindaStantonFre
Contributor
Contributor

@SatanTheCowboy wrote:

Hello, I had a question about purchases that exceed 99$. If I were to buy something that costs (for example) 5,000$, would I have the option to make monthly payments of say, 300$, until the debt was paid in full? Or do I actually only have 6 months to pay that off in full before I start collecting late fees? If that's not an option as of yet, would you guys up at Pay Pal ever consider such an option?

I am going to assume that you are not American, rather than assuming that you don't pay attention to things - we put our dollar sign ($) in front of our prices ($99, not 99$).  It's that way on every price written across the country.  

Login to Me Too

missykins
New Community Member

Bill Me Later is a fraudulent  way of paying for items. They play atound with your account so that they can get your money. There are a huge number of complaints with the Better Business because their corporate office is in Maryland. They try to set themselves up as a credit card compay and use a nonphysical bank in Utah. There are two large lawuits against them. I have an investigation going in Maryland. DO NOT use them.

Login to Me Too

westcat

This company is a ripoff, they change your account settings so charges are funnelled into Bill me later without your knowledge as a way off collecting all kinds of extra fees. I really hate dealing with dishonest fraudulent companies like this. I just cancelled my account, good riddance. Look around at reviews, there are a huge amount of complaints and negative reviews, really a scam.

Login to Me Too

HBJanna
New Community Member
Or you just don't know how to pay your bills on time?
Login to Me Too

ern61
New Community Member

Biggest scam I have ever seen,Called them on phone cause my pay pal purchases were going to them was told they go thru them and then they transfer to paypal (my charge card) which they were.Now I have 167.00$ dollars worth of purchases I have to pay now or get hit with interest on top of my 6 month interest free deal , i know I used my pay pal  (charge card) to complete my purchase,100% sure.I DO NOT pay interested except realestate and car,maybe pay pal is the real problem because they use such a horse **bleep** company!!!

Login to Me Too

chuckd2003
New Community Member
Don't! I think they make it difficult to pay your balance on purpose. I used it once on accident to pay $5.00. Has been a pain in the a$$ trying to give them my money. Apparently you can't pay using a paypal balance either... strange
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Nicole

Chuckd2003-

I’m are sorry to hear you had a negative experience.

Please allow me to explain the types of payments that can be used to pay your Bill Me Later balance.

There are multiple payment methods that we accept. We suggest that you pay your account online at our website. This will ensure your payment is posted in the quickest time frame.

We do not accept credit or debit cards as payment but you can use a savings or checking account to make payments online.

If you do not want to pay via our website, you can also make payments by calling our telephone payment system at 1-866-380-3752 or by mail.

If you have a PayPal account and your Bill Me Later account is linked to your PayPal account you can schedule payments towards your Bill Me Later account from your PayPal account as long as a checking or savings account is your funding source. You will also have the option to use your PayPal balance.

If you prefer to pay by mail, the payment address can be found on the remittance stub of your statement. The address is:

Bill Me Later

PO Box 105658 A

tlanta, GA 30348-5658

Thank you,
Nicole
PayPal Credit
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.