Credit card descriptions

bnorl78
New Community Member

First, I'm a bit frustrated that there's not a simpler way to find out the answer to what I'm looking for. Perhaps it's not a common question and therefore I'm not able to find anything remotely close to it in the community forum. I understand that PayPay is a huge company, but it would be really awesome if there were a way to directly chat with someone OR email someone from PayPal for answers. My apologies if there is such an option that I missed. 

Anyhow, I can't seem to find this as an option, so I'm sending it as a suggestion/feedback. I currently have 3 cards that I'd like to link to my account. They are all Visa cards (1 debit, 2 credit - one that used to be a MC). It would be really helpful if there were an option to add a description to the card, i.e. Debit Card or Bank of America card versus Visa with a 4-digit number, so that one can identify which card they are selecting when trying to make a payment. I don't have my credit card numbers memorized and it kind of defeats the purpose for me personally, to have to get up and get my my wallet in order to make my payment selection. My main reason for using PayPal for making payments is so that I can do so without having to get my wallet. Please consider adding this simple construct to Paypal, or if it already exists, please direct me in how to do it. 

Thank you so much. 

Barbara 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No such feature yet for nicknaming funding sources.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

nickoMI
Contributor
Contributor

I agree we should be able to add a description to the Card.  I have a WageWorks Card and this can only be used for health care supplies and not being able to distinguish between other cards I have on Paypal defeats the purpose of utilizing Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

Swingingly
New Community Member

I was looking for that same functionality. It shouldn't be that challenging to add this feature, right? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.