Company Holding Money For Immature Reasons, Need Help Exposing them!

Gusoin
Contributor
Contributor

I used to use a Bitcoin exchange service called Virvox and from nowhere their service starting getting slow. In one transaction, it took so many hours for the money to appear to the location that I sent it that  I filed a Paypal dispute. I had all the right to do it, I was worried and they were not responding to my emails. That's why Paypal has this feature, to protect consumers from companies like these that abuse of their power. And that's when all **bleep** breaks lose.

This company started calling me a thief, a liar, threatening me to shut down my Paypal dispute or else they won't give me my money back. In response,  I did get agitated and cursed at them via email, because I'm no thief and I won't tolerate people who don't know me insult me in such a cruel way. If they wanted respect, they should have given it first to me. Don't ask for great treatment when you accuse you own clients of stealing. This is so unprofessional and crazy, it blows my mind. I'm still currently dealing with this situation. I deposited an amount of money into their account and now they closed the account and told me they are going to hold my own money until they want, just to teach me a lesson? I mean common here, what kind of company is this? Are they a joke. They are doing an illegal act by doing this to me. At the very minimum, I'm sure they are breaking Paypal policies.  I want Paypal to take a look at Virviox, this company seems nice, but get on their bad side and they will call you names, insults, and illegally hold your own money hostage until they real like i. They suspended my account with lots of money in them without notice. I need my money back, that's all I ask, and they are saying NO. Please Paypal, take care of this as soon as possible. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

not sure what the problem is?

did you use Paypal to send them payment?

and what is the money for?

Login to Me Too

Gusoin
Contributor
Contributor

I deposited money to convert to Bitcoin and this is where the problem is. After I made my deposit and sent my bitcoins to Coinbase, Virvox withheld the process and then decided to disable my account, therefore I can't access my money, nor my bitcoin. The worst part is, all this is happening due to me failing a claim in Paypal because they would not provide the service advertised, so I was well in my right to file a dispute. They did not like this and now are holding my funds as some type of leverage to have power over me and these things cannot happen nowadays and mush less using such a great service as Paypal. Payal should cancel this company from using their service, its bad reputation. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.