Class Action Lawsuit 2016

Samsunguy2016
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone else get this? I got an email from PP an hour ago. Titled:  "Zepeda v. PayPal."

Another Link: http://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/open-lawsuit-settlements/306260-paypal-account-hold-c...

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

HotelCalifornia
Contributor
Contributor

This is long overdue.

Paypal has been fundamentally unfair and I say this based on facts presented to them in their own adjudication process. 

They are devoid of the concept of fairness, and hold it in low regard. 

They regard money as the highest, final value to hold.

The American Way is simply getting away with whatever you can.

I hope they are held accountable and I hope that there is jail time.

Login to Me Too

Samsunguy2016
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sure there was more action lawsuits in the past but this is one of the more recent ones. Upon reading this settlement, the part I find humorous is, "PayPal denies any wrongdoing but agreed to settle the account hold class action lawsuit to avoid the expense and uncertainty of trial. "

In other words, there guilty.  I would love for them to lose hundreds of millions of dollars, if not billions and have the FBI raid there headquarters and shut them down. Sorry to current members but they are so crooked. If they acted like a bank, they would adhere to bank regulations. Since they aren't, PP would do anything to avoid being dragged into court. As to agree to settlements. 3.2m is nothing to them.

Login to Me Too

CorporateThief
Contributor
Contributor

@HotelCalifornia wrote:

This is long overdue.

Paypal has been fundamentally unfair and I say this based on facts presented to them in their own adjudication process. 

They are devoid of the concept of fairness, and hold it in low regard. 

They regard money as the highest, final value to hold.

The American Way is simply getting away with whatever you can.

I hope they are held accountable and I hope that there is jail time.

I don't doubt it at all and depending on what my attorney says I may get in on it. I have a completely different issue other than the unfair holds that I have also experienced. I am getting ready write a blog but wanted to mention incase no one was aware... If PayPal goes into your checking account and removes or reverses funds through the ACH reversal check this is illegal and you can file a police report for fraud or theft. I filed my report yesterday.

I was also denied an my right to an arbitration process via the supervisor that was on duty yesterday. February 10th, 2016. I am also in Indiana which is a one party state so I have hours of recorded footage proving my case.

I would suggest people find a different payment processor, free, as I have quickly realized and should have known, is not better. Secondly if PayPal has taken money from your checking account without your knowledge during an active disputing process this is illegal and you can go down to your local police department and file theft or fraud charges. Please be advised you can also file small claims suits in your local area within the  guidelines of your state or county.

You can always record someone no matter what and you do not have to tell them. This is your right do not let anyone tell you different. BUT if you are in a 1 party state you can record a party with the consent of at least one party involved in the recorded discussion and this is admissable in a court of law in a one party state.

Almost $2,000.00 was stolen out of my account by PayPal. Long story and you wouldn't believe me if I told you but fortunately I have it ALL ON TAPE. Take screen shots of any discrpeencies in your accounts. Print or save and email correspondences between you and PayPal. Record all phone calls. Please be advised of your state laws on recording. If you tell them at the beginning of the phone call that they are being recorded than it is legal. I told PayPal this several times over the course of the week and they still talked to me.

Cover yourselves and STOP supporting PayPal in any way shape or form. You would be safer just using Intuit or paying for a legit payment processor. Free is not worth it when your subjecting yourselves to thieves who believe they are above the law. Trust me I have used PayPal for a while and I know.

Login to Me Too

Shortie6801
New Community Member

I got the same email. I'm trying to figure out if it's a phishing scam or if it is a real class action lawsuit. I've never gotten notification through email before.

Login to Me Too

honeyg629
New Community Member

Yes it is legit.  If you click on the link they provided it will take you to the claim form so you can become a part of the Class Action Settlement.

Login to Me Too

nlovett218
New Community Member

In November of last year, I had a buyer buy 3 of my items on eBay, and do a chargeback for all 3 of them. It was a digital good, but I had proof that I owned and shipped the item, yet PayPal claimed that "since it was a digital item, we couldn't do anything." and refunded the buyer. It was literally common sense. I could understand a chargeback on 1 item, but all 3??? Do they not see the scams happening in front of their faces? PayPal is ridiculous and I'm filing a claim for my $151 back! And you know whats funny is that PayPal's debt collection agency didn't have any problem getting more money from me. The only reason I still use paypal is because I don't like to use my debit or credit card online.

Login to Me Too

srosenc
Contributor
Contributor

How does one sue paypal? the agreement states you need go to arbitration. I just lost a lot of money because my purchase did not arrive, but paypal sided with the seller, although in the USPS shows the item did not arrive. They say he provided a tracking number, but the agreement states that over 750 it needs signature confirmation. I have tried to contact costumer service but it is sort of a nighthmare. I get a recording asking questions. How does one contact a person on paypal?

Login to Me Too

CorporateThief
Contributor
Contributor

I don't doubt it at all and depending on what my attorney says I may get in on it. I have a completely different issue other than the unfair holds that I have also experienced. I am getting ready write a blog but wanted to mention incase no one was aware... If PayPal goes into your checking account and removes or reverses funds through the ACH reversal check this is illegal and you can file a police report for fraud or theft. I filed my report yesterday.

I was also denied an my right to an arbitration process via the supervisor that was on duty yesterday. February 10th, 2016. I am also in Indiana which is a one party state so I have hours of recorded footage proving my case.

I would suggest people find a different payment processor, free, as I have quickly realized and should have known, is not better. Secondly if PayPal has taken money from your checking account without your knowledge during an active disputing process this is illegal and you can go down to your local police department and file theft or fraud charges. Please be advised you can also file small claims suits in your local area within the  guidelines of your state or county.

You can always record someone no matter what and you do not have to tell them. This is your right do not let anyone tell you different. BUT if you are in a 1 party state you can record a party with the consent of at least one party involved in the recorded discussion and this is admissable in a court of law in a one party state.

Almost $2,000.00 was stolen out of my account by PayPal. Long story and you wouldn't believe me if I told you but fortunately I have it ALL ON TAPE. Take screen shots of any discrpeencies in your accounts. Print or save and email correspondences between you and PayPal. Record all phone calls. Please be advised of your state laws on recording. If you tell them at the beginning of the phone call that they are being recorded than it is legal. I told PayPal this several times over the course of the week and they still talked to me.

Cover yourselves and STOP supporting PayPal in any way shape or form. You would be safer just using Intuit or paying for a legit payment processor. Free is not worth it when your subjecting yourselves to thieves who believe they are above the law. Trust me I have used PayPal for a while and I know.

@srosenc wrote:

How does one sue paypal? the agreement states you need go to arbitration. I just lost a lot of money because my purchase did not arrive, but paypal sided with the seller, although in the USPS shows the item did not arrive. They say he provided a tracking number, but the agreement states that over 750 it needs signature confirmation. I have tried to contact costumer service but it is sort of a nighthmare. I get a recording asking questions. How does one contact a person on paypal?

Login to Me Too

MichaelJohn
Contributor
Contributor

This is another lawyer legal pay day ripoff. $960K in fees Did you see the plaintive payout? that remaining amount will be donated to the Electronic Frontier Foundation.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.