Change back to the old interface ?

-Ben-
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I really don't like (hate it) the new interface, is there any way to use the old one ? 

Thanks you!

Login to Me Too
50 REPLIES 50

Osgood
Contributor
Contributor

New check out page is utterly ridiculous. The old one used to show the products bought in a cart listing style, clearly visible. This new one buries the most important part of the check-out process under a little drop down arrow icon which is practically useless.

Not sure who gave the go ahead for this rubbish its user-unfriendly. Ok the layout itself looks a bit cleaner and fresher but some of the most impotant aspects have been totally overlooked.

In the account section - poor in my opinion as we now have part old UI and part new UI - pretty confusing. Also it seems any site not build before a certain date gets taken to the old check-out styling - how utter dumb is that in terms of corporate identity. Paypal now looks like it has a split personality.

Maybe it takes after the idiot who commissioned the changes.

Login to Me Too

ukray2016
Contributor
Contributor

I quite agree. I had to re-instate my bank account over the past two days and one email to me confirmed my debit card was now back up, but the secind email, sent at the same time said my bank account had been refused "as the bank said it was no longer valid" Amazing because I had bought fuel with it, some shopping and paid for the Lottery on line.

What's the matter with these people?

Only last night another email from PP told me how to confirm the Bank details by this method:

Log in to your PayPal account and select 'Complete bank setup' in the "To Do" box.

Complete the Direct Debit Instruction and follow the instructions provided by PayPal

If you can find those links then I'll change my name to Susan.

Login to Me Too

eatme1
Contributor
Contributor

so hjow do we get them to do something?? They have a monopoly on these kinds of transactions and obviously don't care what we think. Paypal needs some competition, **bleep**, they need to be put under serious pressure, maybe they'd stop acting like the ******* that run ebay and open up lines of communications instead of hiding from customers. 

And how about a chat interface and NO pre-chosen topics to steer us away from what they don't want to talk about!

I'm sure I can think up some more gripes...........

But I want action, not gripes. So any answers?  Paypal, how about YOU speak up on these issues? Ohh thats right, only our money mmatters to you........

Login to Me Too

nat55
Contributor
Contributor

I agree, On the classic site, you can see if you have PAD and have the option of using it or not.  The new page is useless. When I find an item that I want to buy, I can not find PAD / I used to say PAD is preferred way for payment. I doesn't say this, And you have to go back and forth to see who is offering it now. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

For classic site, go to the Help & Contact page, link is found at bottom of page.

For account settings in classic view (make sure you are logged in first):

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/customerprofile/summary.view

Can't find the link to the Summary page in classic view yet.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

SteelBin

So how do we revert to the classic site?  There are not links anywhere.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Click on "contact" link at bottom of page and then scroll all the way to bottom.  Link on left is "classic site".

I just tried it and it worked for me.

Login to Me Too

Akiram
New Community Member

I followed your steps. How come I couldnt find the link for "classic site".

Btw I am using safari browser.

Login to Me Too

Razoo

The link for the classic site does not appear for everyone, I don't see it either. It would be helpful though if someone who does get that link to give the URL it directs to.

Login to Me Too

eatme1
Contributor
Contributor

yes but we want it to STAY that way, not do this stupid easter egg hunt to find the link everytime...... unless they want us to be dumb enough to stay logged in at all times......... ohh wait, they do that to smart phones users.....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.