Can't remove bank account

uberchar
Contributor
Contributor

All my payments have been processed by my bank already, yet I still can't remove my bank account.

The error im receiving is this:

You cannot remove this bank account because it currently has a pending transaction. This transaction may take up to 6-8 days to complete, at which time you will be able to remove the bank account. Please try again after the transaction has been completed.

This is the 3rd week.

Login to Me Too
43 REPLIES 43

parseval43
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem. Incredible that we can not remove by hand or just send an email. We need to take the phone and call. Welcome to year 1980. 

Login to Me Too

CKing1

I have been trying for weeks to remove my bank account with the pending transactions message appearing and then an error message that they can't remove it at this time. Try again later. So I called customer service and went through the security questions then she asked for my credit card number associated with this account. I told her I don't give credit card numbers over the phone. Then she said I had to had my mobile phone number to my account which it is already in my profile. Then she said well then we need to reset the system and to call back in 48 hours! Really??

Login to Me Too

thisisascamsite
New Community Member

cant remove bank account  nore can i remove cards  nore can i deactivate this useless account.  paypal keeps charging my bank which was no funds  which bounces  and now im 300$ in debt and climbing.  customer service basically told me to **bleep** myself.  anyone help?

Login to Me Too

LibreArbitre
Contributor
Contributor

I found a issue: Now I use Amazon Pay and all my problem are solved.

I was a Paypal customer since 2004 but it does nothing, my old and closed bank account was impossible to delete so I left Paypal 😞

Login to Me Too

TJFORWEBSITES
New Community Member

Not sure if people are still having this problem but I called customer service and they removed it no problem.

I had to battle with the phone system a bit, eventually I just kept saying "Customer Service Representative" every time I was prompted and I got a person. I explained it to them and the account was out of my wallet within 10 minutes.

Login to Me Too

LibreArbitre
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, finally they accepted to remove my old bank account after 2 emails and 2 phone calls (in all)...

Login to Me Too

kdorvil
New Community Member

I'm glad everyone was able to quickly find a solution by calling customer service, but we shouldn't have to do this each time we want to remove our old bank accounts, not as long as they have the option online, that is...

Login to Me Too

Blindbraille
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem. They have charged my old bank (the one I can't remove) and I have gotten both overdraft fees and paypals keniving, thieving "bounces check fee". It's gotta be illegal. They charge a bounced check fee on a fee they 1)got the money for so it wasn't bounced and 2) ISN'T A CHECK! I mean we can get lawyers for this right? My primary bank is on there, I'd already removed this bank and they then put it back up there without my permission. Nothing is pending and they just won't let me remove it.
Login to Me Too

vanassa

I had a nightmare experience with paypal. I couldn't get an old debit card and bank account off of my account for the last 6 months. I kept on getting an error message saying "Cannot remove card pending authorization for a transaction."  So the customer service agent said that I had to answer a few questions to verify my identity so they could remove my card for me. I said okay. She asked me questions for 10 minutes about where I lived as far as back as highschool and elementary school. None of that information is public and I can't remember it anyways. Then when I couldn't remember that information she asked me personal questions about my relationship with my dad. I said that was not public information and she was phishing for information illegally. So I answered questions for ten minutes and she refused to remove my bank account because I wouldn't answer her questions about my current relationship with my dad. 

I tried to email paypal and I knew it was a glitch because they fixed my debit card part of the account so I could remove it. So it is possible to fix. Then they refused to fix my bank account part of my account because they said I have to answer more questions. But I already did it and they are just harassing me and phishing for private information.  If this glitch is not fixed then I plan on reporting them to the BBB and perhaps the FTC for attempts on phishing for private information. 

Login to Me Too

Temp20221222fm
Contributor
Contributor

Solution: Ask your bank to change your Account Number 😉

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.