Can't get my money put on linked debit card.

Chrissloat
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I had $100.00 put on my PayPal account thinking they would make funds available on my linked debit card. They didn't now telling me I need a bank account. So I can receive my money. How can I get my money back from these people. Never going to use them again. Tried calling and was hung up on. I wasn't even being rude he didn't want to show me how to get a check from them. Anybody know how to get cgeck from them. Thank you so much. Help. I'm am bed bound with rods in my leg so I need this money.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chrissloat

Why did you not check on how to withdraw funds from a paypal account BEFORE you accepted the payment?

You can only withdraw to a bank account in the US or get them to send you a cheque.

Request a Paper Check from PayPal
  1. Log into your PayPal account.
  2. Click on the "My Account" tab.
  3. Click on "Withdraw." Choose "Request a check."
  4. Fill in the amount you wish to withdraw. ...
  5. Use the pull-down menu to choose where you want PayPal to mail the check. ...
  6. Verify the amount. ...
  7. Wait for a confirmation email.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Chrissloat
Contributor
Contributor

Well I obviously thought that my money would be put on my connected card. Let me ask you this if I use PayPal as my way of paying instead of my debit card alone would I get my funds then?

Thank you for repling. Sorry for seeming so stupid.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chrissloat wrote:

Well I obviously thought that my money would be put on my connected card. Let me ask you this if I use PayPal as my way of paying instead of my debit card alone would I get my funds then?

Thank you for repling. Sorry for seeming so stupid.

Nope. Doesn't work that way.  Can't withdrawl to card unless the card is a linked PayPal Prepaid card.

If you use PayPal as a way of paying, paying what?  Your debit card?  It doesn't work that way either.  You would have to buy something online and PayPal uses your $100.00 in your account to pay.  To cash out, add bank account, get PayPal Debit MasterCard to make withdrawl at an ATM, or have PayPal send you a check. If you do not have a bank account, sign the check over to trusted friend or family member to deposit and withdrawl the money for you.

To withdraw money as check, log on, and click Transfer to your bank, under the PayPal Balance.  Then in the window that pulls up, click the Request a check by mail instead at the bottom.  There will be a $1.50 fee deducted from the amount to request a check your mail.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.