CHINA LISTING FRAUD ON EBAY! BEWARE!

juju1961
New Community Member

As you are searching for jewelry items on eBay...PLEASE BEWARE!  Sellers from China are stating that their pieces are of sterling silver (stamped) with gems.  Once we received the items, we brought them to a local jewelers only to find out that the pieces were silver plate over copper and the gems were colored glass!  I am in the process of going through PayPal, which by the way have been extremely helpful, for a refund.  Since our purchases were International, PayPal has to do their due diligence.  I received an email from PayPal the Seller was ONLY offering us LESS than half of our purchase!  Absolutely NOT!  We expect a FULL REFUND!  We only had the merchandise for 2-3 days before we contacted PayPal!  It is unfortunate that eBay doesn't have any laws in place for such fraudulent sellers.  Let's put a stop to this NOW as a community!  The ONLY way this going to happen is if we do not use such Sellers!  IF the Sellers are HONEST in their description of merchandise...that's NOT a problem.  I would have STILL purchased the merchandise however not in bulk quantity.  Sellers ALSO state FULL REFUND and they are NOT even holding up their end of the bargain!  VERY BAD BUSINESS!!!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Erica

Hi juju1961,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you've had to go through this situation. I understand how disappointing it is not to get what you had expected. I'm glad that we've been able to help get your refund. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist further!

-Erica

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.