CHARGE BACK SCAM

firstchance
Contributor
Contributor

This problem is not just for virtual goods - I sold a scarface model with a cost of $20 to post and the $69 that the item cost - The buyer got the item in the post  - They never contacted me via Ebay to say that they did not recieve item and did a chargeback on there credit card - which paypal takes out straight away - Even though I showed proof tht item was sent - Paypal still took my money - So I have to pay pal pal fees and ebay fees and loose money for the item and postage I sent - Paypal does not care about the seller - Just there money - I can't even put a negative feedback for the buyer on Ebay since the item was paid for on paypal ...

To rub salt into the wound - paypal just charged me $15 for the pleasure of being ripped off - Seller beware - So you get to pay ebay fees and paypal fees - loose the money for the item you sold and delivered - than have a slap in the face with a $15 fee - As a seller there is nothing you can do - You have no protection under paypal - You have no choice with ebay and have to add paypal as a payment option - you can't leave negative feedback once payment is made via paypal --- I have over 3000 positive feedbacks on Ebay and have never had a negative feedback Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

what kind of proof did you show Paypal?

Is there any tracking which shows it has been delivered?

Did you deliver to the address on the Paypal payment notice?

Did the notice say you are covered as a seller?

The chargeback fee is $20,not $15,hard to imagine they will reduce the fee,are you sure it is $15?

Login to Me Too

firstchance
Contributor
Contributor

I'm locatated in Australia - Charge back fee was $15 - + Ebay Fee + Paypal fee + Money lost for item + postage fee. So I guess I sould be happy with the $5 discount 🙂 

I sent a copy of the receipt from post office _ confirmed there was never any contact from ebay buyer via ebay or any other means - I't seems you need to send all items via registered post and even than I don't think paypal would do anything 😞 PayPal never responded to my messages sent to them - Just took full payment as soon as chargeback was initiated and than charged another fee for me being ripped off .. 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Lady,

Before you sell anything,read about seller protection .

You must show the item has been delivered by uploading online viewable delivery confirmation ,which shows it has been delivered.

if 750 or more dollars,signature confirmation.

Does your postal receipt has a tracking number which you can enter on the postal site and it will tell you the tracking details.   

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

It is your responsibilty as a seller to deliver the item in good order,just showing you have shipped the goods is not good enough.

Login to Me Too

firstchance
Contributor
Contributor

We will leave it there and just say SELLER BEWARE USING PAYPAL 😞

Login to Me Too

frangiman

I am in a similar situation at the moment, I sent the goods, they arrived in the US within a few days but the US postal servoce decided to send them to a different address where they sat for a few weeks and they were perishable(plants). The buyer didnt chase them up for the 2 weeks they were misiing and when they did they finally found them band had them deliverd to their home but they were by that stage too far gone to save. The buyer got in touch with the post office and they simply refused any liablilty so they hit me with a chargeback, I showes paypal the tracking info to say that they did arrive within a few days but that the post office **bleep** up(plants were meant to go to a USDA office, green yellow label on the package) bu sending them elsewhere. Paypal  took the chargeback and all fees from my account but did not record it in  my acount, the bank invoved has since awarded me the case and taken the money back from the buyer but the money is no where to ne seen and paypal have listed my case as clkosed and that I lost, cant help but think there is fraud invoplved here somewhere as the bank says I won

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.