British airways flights paid via paypal, payment pending and no e-ticket received

milito

Hello,
On Monday 17th of february, I booked flights on the British airways website and paid via paypal exactly at 18:09:04 GMT-05:00, when the price was $804.29 CAD.
Everything seemed to go smoothly, but I haven't received a confirmation email from British airways or an e-ticket. Now the transaction is showing as 'order pending'. Called paypal, they said BA had not taken money yet, called BA they haven't receive any transaction or payment with paypal. It's extremely urgent, my flight is 24th february and i don't know what i will do right now, i haven't yet received my e-ticket and i don't know the problem is really from who exactly: BA or PayPal. (I don't know if usually, PayPal send the money to British Airways or British Airways have to process the the payment).
I just want to know if anyone has had this before or if it normal for a payment to pend. What will happens right now? Now the price of the ticket is $1043 CAD, i'm afraid if i will lost the first price ($804.29 CAD), also because the problem is not from me.
I have to cancel my travel because of a poor system of BA or PayPal? Who will assume the consequences?
Transaction ID: O-9CF806660V9992849
Thanks.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Couple of thoughts ...

Is you PayPal Account verified?

Did you use money from your Account Balance or another source?  

Pending can be for various reasons from not having a verified account to the funding source you used to the company you paid has not processed the order.

As the status was "order pending", this leads me to believe that BA authorized the payment but did not settle it.  As an online seller we can place holds on payments to review the order first, once done with the review, we can either accept the payment or reject it (send it back).   Just a guess here but, BA may have dropped the ball.

----------------------------------------------------

On a different note here, airline tickets are not covered for Buyer Protection as stated in the User Agreement.  When it comes to purchases of this nature, don't use PayPal.   Even if the purchase went thru immediately and something went wrong after that, you have no Buyer Protection.     Paying with just a regular credit card is your best method as you can get assistance from your bank or card issuer if needed.

None of the above really resolves your current issue and as no one here can view user account details or information, all we can do is speculate as to what may have happened.

Login to Me Too

Domi_BTG
Contributor
Contributor

Did you manage to resolve this issue? I am having the same problem and I am concerned as the price of purchasing a new seat on that same flight has more than doubled!

Login to Me Too

Quitina
New Community Member

It has just happened to me . I havent received any confirmation from BA and I have a " pending" status on PayPal. Can anyone help me please?

Login to Me Too

Domi_BTG
Contributor
Contributor

I spoke to them for about half an hour yesterday (call centre team member and a manager after that) and was basically told that "this happens" and it might have been a "server issue" but too bad basically... They said to go back online and rebook again and hopefully it would go through the second time. I am so angry as the price had already gone up approx AUD$100 in the few minutes DURING the time I was booking so I already paid more than I wanted to... and then when I was forced to re-book yesteday it had gone up another AUD$100. They refused to honour the original price even though it was their mistake. Unforuntately there were no cheaper alternatives (I looked online for 2hrs) so I ended up having to rebook the exact same flight/fare at the higher price, but I paid via Credit Card this time instead and I received my itinerary straight away.

I looked at various forums and we're not alone here... they simply shouldn't offer Paypal as a payment option when they don't honour it.

I have since emailed them with my new itinerary, receipt and the original receipt of Paypal transaction to request a refund of the difference, as I feel that they should have honoured the original price for THEIR server issues.

Good luck!

Login to Me Too

viragsk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have the same issue. Does anyone know how to cancel the pending order? 

As I am afraid the reason of pending is the mentioned security reason - I didn't purchase the BA flight from the country where the paypal account is registered (UK) - and when I am back to UK they will take the money.

I have already bought an other ticket. I just need to cancel, would it be faster via calling paypal or British Airways? 

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

Stanleync
New Community Member

Hi,

Did you finnally sort out this issue with your BA ticket order? How this was finish? Did you cancel this pending order from your paypal? If so then how you did this?

Thanks for helping

Login to Me Too

viragsk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

It automatically got sorted. The bank only allocates (put into reserve) that money not sending to PayPal and after some time (I don't remeber I guess it was a month) they release the money on hold. I contacted PayPal and the bank as well. But there is no need, however you can do it if you are worrying. Also I can't know if you have the same issue and contacting PayPal is easy through their online chat system, so I recommend you to do that.

Virag

Login to Me Too

investingRuse
New Community Member
You would call that resolved? Paypal hanging on to your money for a month x 1000s of other people for some investment fraud scam? When the funds are sitting right in your account? They're only earmarked for a fare transaction for a flight they KNOW is cancelled. So they make up some BS about an expiration waiting period that HAS to be 30 days.. what a bunch of malarky. The rep could un-earmark your funds right then and there. No more PayPal. See ya. 14 years. yup.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.