Beware of PayPal Credit

Kash22
New Community Member

Been a member of PayPal since 2002 and enjoy using their service, but their Paypal Credit is a consumer scam!   

Sometime over the years, I must have used Billmelater and a credit account was opened.  This later became PayPal Credit and sometime this year it was automatically inserted as my choice for payment when making making purchases.  I made purchases using PayPal and assumed (my bad) that these charges were going to my authorized CC that I had set up for my account.  I then get a notice of late fee and interest charges from PayPal Credit.  Fixed that.

Now I get another late fee and minimum interest charge because PayPal claims my payment was late.  I have electronic transfer set up from my bank and funds were transferred on the 5th for a bill due on the 7th.  My bank has PayPal registered for 1 day as transfer time.  Paypal says payment was not received until the 8th and wants their late fee and minimum interest fee.  

I have all my accounts set up for electronic transfers and have never once had a company attempt something like this.  In my opinion, PayPal Credit is out to scam their customers with late fees and interest charges.  I have cancelled this account and will be warning everyone I can about the practices that PayPal Credit uses against its consumers.  

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Voodookayla

Completely agree- the same thing has happened to me for 3 months on the go, my account even tells me that I have an active direct debit yet they seem to make no effort to take these payments and have the absolute nerve to slap me with a late payment fee! I am awaiting on a response to my emailed complaint in the help centre but I will be going to the ombudsman if I don't hear anything back. Then I will move this joke of an account to my credit card because I would rather pay a trusted financial institution the interest who are capable of their systems operating correctly.

Login to Me Too

ItzATiara
New Community Member

Been a memer as well for years and used the Bill Me Later often.  I made purchases using the interest free promotions offered by a retailer, and notice none of my payments are going towards these balances.  I have a purchase amount of $126.14 and made a payment in that exact amount.  well, that payment went towards other purchases.  I called and spoke to a representative and his supervisor and nothing is resolved.  Apparently, I need to call and send messages and notes to tell them where I want the payment to be directed to becuase the promotion isn't ending in 30 days.  WHAT?  so I make extra payments every month but nothing is going towards this. I have a $1000 balance, approx, $800 is promotions.  My over $200 in payments in one month did not make a dent in the promotions.  I stated when I pay my visa bill, I don't need to call them and tell them to make my payment go towards my Best Buy or Target purchase, to which the supervisor had a smart reply.  I have accrued $26 dollars in interest on two promotions ending on January 26.  My current interest charged on other purchses? $4.  Then, they charge me a late fee because I payed at the end of October for November instread of paying in November.  At least they waived that!  ugh.  so so so so upset.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.