BUYER PROTECTION IS SCAM - CUSTOMERS BEWARE - DO NOT USE PAYPAL

bnew86
Contributor
Contributor

Today Paypal is losing a longtime customer.

I spent $1440 on an item and used Paypal to make the payment. The item arrived damaged during shipment and completely stopped working after trying it out. I had the second part of the item tested by a certified manufacturer technician and was told that it was putting out the incorrect voltage. I provided this written statement to Paypal as evidence.

THEY STILL DENIED MY CLAIM!!! I spent $1440 on paper weight!

New customers beware, use your credit card to make the purchase. NEVER USE PAYPAL, they will not protect your purchase.

1. The item description said it had a strong, watertight seal - the item arrived with the seal broken.

2. The item description said they have strong lifespan, they do not, they failed after barely being used.

3. The item description said it was tested, but it was not, a basic test showed the item was outputting the wrong voltage.

THEY WILL NOT PROTECT YOUR PURCHASE EVEN IF YOUR ITEM IS NOT ACCURATELY DESCRIBED and ARRIVES BROKEN! DO NOT USE PAYPAL!

Here's what I'm going to do:

1. Post on my social media accounts warning my entire network to not use Paypal 

2. Post my story on Paypal's social media on a daily basis so prospective customers can understand how Paypal treats customers.

3. Filling a formal written complaint with the FTC based on fraudulent claims made by Paypal regarding buyer protection

4. Send a written complaint letter to Paypal executives in Customer Service and Claims department

5. Filing a complaint with the FTC regarding Paypal's fraudulent Purchase Protection Guarantee (dong this now online)

6. File a case in small claims court against Paypal

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

duplicate thread.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

bnew86
Contributor
Contributor

Also filing a compalint with the California State Department of Consumer Affairs

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.