BUG? in express checkout (new)

acornf
Contributor
Contributor

Having issues in certain situations. using the new Paypal express flow... lightbox on page, using serverside-rest implementation.

Mostly it works, Paypal account payments go through without a hitch... when testing on sandbox though, checkout as guest using credit/debit card would not complete using any of the 'valid' test card numbers..... this was not entirely suprising since over the course of developing my module, i realised that quite a few testing features were missing from this new checkout, negative testing doesn't seem to work, no way to force errors to check that my module will handle them correctly...

I was relieved however that when making a test payment in production mode, everything went smoothly, so i put it down to an issue with either the sandbox or with the test-cards, and published the module to our site.

I have now had feedback from one of our US customers, (confirmed by testing) that clicking checkout as guest option (as a US customer) results in a freeze of the paypal lightbox, spinner just keeps spinning.... similar behaviour to that seen with the test cards on sandbox mode.

If there is a genuine reason why the card payment cannot be accepted in this instance, i would be expecting to see a friendly error message here, not just an apparently broken lightbox. Otherwise it would appear there is some other issue here.... Has anyone else expereinced this issue, got any solutions?

I have checked all the relevant settings, 'account optional' set to true, verified email etc.etc cannot set 'SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole' since i'm on REST API not NVP....

Can any members of the community or ESPECIALLY PAYPAL DEVS point out anything else i need to check, else look into where the problems lie...

One more thing, as a developer, i find it incredibly frustrating when there is no obvious way to report bugs, the PayPal team need to get some sort of issue tracker/bug reporting system in place, especially in cases like these where we are dealing with a fairly new system (REST API and new express checkout) that still has wrinkles....

C'mon guys, having a bug tracker isn't gonna make everyone think your system is buggy.... it will make us more confident that issues are being fixed and dealt with 🙂

Andrew Cornforth

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

acornf
Contributor
Contributor

Also, How did I end up on the Canada community????

Login to Me Too

haroldpogi

heeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllppppppppppp!!! 😄

need solution for this

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.