As no one provides solutions to problems here how about posting a real email address

philiponfire
Contributor
Contributor

Paypals customer service sucks in every way. the website is designed to prevent customers from getting help. this forum contains endless posts from unhappy customers who have not been given customer service. 

no I don't want to fight a phone system for hours on end to get help I want an email address and someone to provide answers. the help centre is useless your website is designed to make it impossible to access an account unless the customers situation perfectly fits the rulse. 

so what happens when a customers email address is permanently closed by microsoft and that customers phone  number is lost so they have no way of answering security questions. You have now permanently lost my business I will use an alternative solution. 

Not a happy customer. now an Ex customer.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@philiponfire

Well if you had started your OWN THREAD with your problem, rather than tagging it as a reply on another thread you would have got help.

This is a ''user to user help forum'' and i don't think you can have a go at VOLUNTEERS on here if you have never bothered to take the time to help someone yourself.

There are MANY different ways to contact paypal and we could have helped you here with your problem if you had started a thread and it had been replied to.

We are volunteers on here so yelling at us that you are going to close your account is pretty pointless really.

I could have helped you but as you no longer want to use paypal I won't waste my time.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

uselesscreeps
Contributor
Contributor

Kernowlass....your answer is a total nonsense.  You posted a ton of words that, in essence, say nothing useful.  However, this is the MO of paypal.  It is so unfortunate that PPs customers are so frustrated, that they have to yell to hope they will be heard!

Philiponfire is right on the money.  I know five people who have left this payment processor due to lack of decent help.  I agree with them and it is time for me to leave, as well.

Paypal's hiring rule:  "Remember, if you cannot dazzle them with brilliance, than baffle them with bull **bleep**!"  

Login to Me Too

JRCJRC
New Community Member

As someone who has relied on and trusted Paypal for many years now, I am really quite disappointed with how customer service has abandoned us.  Just a few years ago we could receive solutions in a matter of minutes--and now, even after several days, no answers come.  I realize that as this company grows more and more wealthy we little people are more and more expendable, but someone should be ashamed at how we have been left hanging in the wind.  Shameful.  Simply shameful. 

Login to Me Too

TroyOR
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck. I'm in the same boat

Login to Me Too

thewriterjm
Contributor
Contributor
Yep. Count me in. Totally on the same boat, too.
Login to Me Too

GongJu

Paypal is one of the worst experiences I've had in my life so far.

I am an expat living in Korea, a student.

My friend who lives in Europe asked me to buy some stuff here and paid me back through Paypal.

I got the money and then I tried to withdraw it to local bank in South Korea,

I added the bank account and it was successful, since the status said CONFIRMED.

The transaction status was PENDING for like 15 days, and I did not receive my money.

I contacted through message center, and they sent me an email with FAQs, none of which was helpful.

So I replied the email with detailed problems and they sent me a message, saying they had canceled my transaction and asked me to retry it.

I retried. And this time it was still pending for like a week.

I went to check every single detail and realized I was missing the last digit when adding my bank account number.

So I tried to add a correct bank account.

But it was denied by the system, saying the ID was not correct. (It requires a National ID, but since I'm an expat, I only have Alien Registration ID, which is in different form)

The funny thing is, the last time I added bank account (the wrong one), I used the exact same AR ID but the system approved.

Now when I try with the correct bank account, I do not pass.

So I messaged them again, stating all the problems, they explained that there was a glitch in their system. That's why it approved my bank account adding. And since the bank account is incorrect, my transaction was pending for that long.

That was all. THEY DIDN'T GIVE ME A SINGLE SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM.

It seems like the fact that they hold my money for such a long time doesn't bother them a bit.

I think if I didn't contact them, they could have held my money FOREVER.

I was totally desperate but still managed to message them again, BEGGING to have a solution to this.

So they asked me to create a new PayPal account with information in my home country and transferred all the money to the new account.

I just did. Don't know if this time it could get any better.

After several transactions, the money in my balance decreased gradually due to the fees.

I lost a considerable amount, which I don't even bother to think about, since I'm too desperate now.

I just want to say, Paypal is the last thing I would try ever again in my life.

Now I try to convince every person I meet not to use Paypal.

Login to Me Too

DaytonaJohn
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with Phiiponfire. I have sent email to PayPal using their "Secure Message Center", and it is obvious that no one actually reads the messages. The only reply is an automated email that just lists a canned set of FAQs based on the topics that you are required to select when sending them an email.. The entire "Secure Message Center" is a sham to make it appear that there is help available via email.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.