Account limitation - complaint

futude
New Community Member

My account is limited without a notification and I'm very unhappy about this. Paypal should have sent me a warning email that my account is going to get limited at a certain time not all of the sudden.

I was trying to recharge my phone using paypal but after 24 hours I still have no credit because paypal is just not processing my payment. What do I suppose to use my phone with? Recharge again and then got charged twice?

I've tried to submit 3 different source of Proof of address and still got rejected. Why is a bank acc information, a superannuation information and PAYG Statement can't be used for this matter? Not everyone has their name on a lease to have Council rates or Utility bills and not everyone has a driving license. I've submitted another 2 tax assessment letters from ATO and I demand to get my paypal account back.

I've been using paypal for 6 years now and this is unacceptable.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Kirchio
New Community Member

Ive had a similar problem with Paypal. I've been a member since 2010, and all of a sudden my account has been completely banned. Their 'excuse'; I was selling a suspicious amount of fitbits, despite me only ever using Paypal to buy items on Ebay, and to send rent to my other half (in the days before online banking). You think this would be in my account history..

When I called to complain and try to resolve the issue, I was met with a rude response of 'Your account is limited and there's nothing I can do about it'.

I used to love Paypal, and never had a problem until now. And now I see how little they value their customers. I'm truly disgusted by this trainwreck of a company. Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

Wswilly3
New Community Member

I have had the same problem. I have used Paypal for years to buy things but I got sent back a smallish refund of money from one of the suppliers and tried to transfer this back to my account. When I did this I was informed this was unusual activity and everything was immediately frozen. This caused bills not to be paid and as I do not have a scanner or a smart phone and had to get assistance for sending my passport and a bill but they also wanted  proof of postage and an inventory history, even though I have never sold anything.

I phoned up and complained about their systems to be told that they did not expect anyone to be able to unblock their accounts using these alone and that phoning up was always needed. They also said it could take some time for the account to be unblocked.......what a way to treat their customers. Until now I was a huge Paypal fan......no more.

Login to Me Too

Joticanda
New Community Member

Paypal recently seems too rude, unproductive, irresponsive and unprofessional reviewing my "limited" account. They kept sending emails and messages like spams, asking me to update CREDIT CARD STATEMENT which I don't have. All internet staffs appear irresponsible and work as programmed robots, which is worse ever in solving customers' issues.

This is the 3rd time I was asked to change password and security questions in 1 month. Yet my account is still "limited". Ebay seemingly has a very unproductive network partner. I'm tired of waiting for them. It's been over 2 WEEKS since my account was inactive. Does paypal work well while still charging fee of our transactions. Even my refunds were NOT free of charge as well.

Worst "improvement" throughout the years.

Login to Me Too

Parmarmtl
New Community Member
Same with me , PayPal is the worst service provider ever for business, but they will not care for small fishes like us as they are a big whale now.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.