Account Limited - PayPal offering no support of how to retrieve money

sethbarrett1983
New Community Member

Hello,

I'm a web developer who developed a site for a user whose account was limited for selling unauthorized items based on PayPals terms of use. The account in question was limited for 6 months with a note that after the 6 months we would be able to retrieve the funds (largely so I can be compensated for the site build). The hold came off but the bank account attached is no longer in operation and the system won't let me add a new one. I'm also unable to send the funds to another PayPal user... I called support and was told the only solution was for PayPal to mail a cheque so I setup for them to do that... that was 6 weeks ago... now I can't seem to get a hold of anyone and this cheque never showed up. Account still shows the balance and I have no means to get to it... Seems like PayPal is holding the funds ransom perhaps waiting for us to get tired of the runaround and giveup? As a developer I won't be recommending PayPal moving forward it will be Stripe for all my clients (much better customer service)... Can someone provide any insight how to deal with this issue?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sethbarrett1983
New Community Member

Just to add to frustration I called today and was told there were no phone operators available and to hit 1 for a call back when someone would be available... So i did that... when I was called back an hour later I was put promptly on hold again... WHAT IS THE POINT OF THAT?!!!! VERY VERY FRUSTRATING

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.