$1.00 FEE EVERY TIME I USE PAY PAL

EuskalHerria
New Community Member

Hi  

I used to pay Uber with my Pay Pal account linked to my Card. To my surprise I found that everytime i Use Paypal to pay my ride Paypal takes a fee of $1.00 from my Card. Since I use Uber frequently -las month I had 25 rides-  i paid extra $25.00 por those rides. In a period of six months I have paid a lot..  I wanted to delete it from Uber but could not 

Fortunately today I could I do no use PayPal any longer to pay for my rides, I linked it directly to my Account Why should I have a middle-goer when I can take it directly from my card? I see no benefit,

I dont know if they also charge a fee for other purchases  I will check my statement and if they do I will definitely unsubscribe from Pay Pal  If a merchant accepts my credit card, and I can pay with that Why sould I give a fee to Paypal?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EuskalHerria

Sounds like the small payment they make to send a code to confirm your card.

So did you confirm that card with the 4 digit code?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Jimflood
New Community Member
Uber charged me a $1 fee every time I paid with a debit MasterCard. It was an ATM fee. Some stores do the same thing so I use it as a credit card not a debit card. That's why I started using PayPal. I was hoping to get rid of the fee. Now uber stopped accepting my paypal account. From what I've read, it looks like I have to link my paypal to a card for uber to accept it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.