concerned about giving out info

UsukiDoll
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I wanted to add funds from my bank account, but I can't because it requires additional verification. First of all, there is no way that I will give out my personal information due to all the crazy internet things out there. I don't want to give out sensitive info due to security reasons. Although adding funds from a bank account takes 3-5 days, I prefer this method because I don't know any store that sells a Moneypak card. I'm steamed that this is happening! I never had any problems before this. -___-*
I want this fixed.

Login to Me Too
156 REPLIES 156

Chris8396
New Community Member
Hey bro,I know where your coming from.same thing happened to me.I bought moneypak to buy something and they wanted my SSN so I requested a refund check, it **bleep** for reals.btw, you don't have to go to a bank to cash the check.I went to my local walmart, they cash moneypak checks. You just have to pay a small fee. They charged me $3. But it was worth getting my money back.at least most of it.hope this helped.
Login to Me Too

mystickcreature
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with you 110% !  do they not realize in this day and age of Identity theift is a big problem expcially with SSN! There are only 3 agencies that do have the right to ask you for your SSN they are the IRS, DMV and Welfare. No one else can ask you for this information.

Like the others my, account has already been verified by my bank account. No other verification should be needed. They need to pull their heads out of thier :::::::cough, cough:::::::::: and play by the rules.

Login to Me Too

zandor16
New Community Member

I just can't keep quiet either. As a customer I feel very let down by paypal through this Moneypak business. I actually wrote down my SSN because I was desperate for the money in my paypal account. What do I get for trusting them? Well, to start with, my account was never funded, they never accepted my personal info as being correct. Afterwards, they went on to promise me a refund of the amount which they never specified and i still havent seen the check. (It's been 6 days) Then to top it off, my paypal account has been limited because of the previous actions. AND THEY ARE ASKING FOR MY SSN AGAIN. This time in the form of a government issued document. Seriously, I feel very cheated in the way that they are cornering me to provide my personal information. I feel like there has been $24.95 stolen away from me. I feel that as a customer, I've trusted paypal with my personal information from my bank account and my address, and this is the second limitation that they have placed in my account. Seriously I would like to know if any there are any other american citizens that live outside the continental U.S. that feel the same way that I do. That I'm being treated as a Secondary Citizen.

Login to Me Too

jimc1145
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a paypal account for almost 10 years and now suddenly they came up the other day and wanted picture ID, proof of address, and social security number. I was hesitant to give all of that to them. After all Money is being transferred to and from my bank accounts so that I dont have to get a 3rd account while here visiting my son. For proof of address they want a bill, all of my bills are taken care of online as it is quite expedient. Why this all of a sudden.

Login to Me Too

opto
Contributor
Contributor

I don't use moneypak.  I just tried to log into paypal and add funds from my bank account.  All of a sudden it wants my date of birth and the last four digits of my social.  I've been using paypal for years without this BS.  I felt like I had a good relationship with paypal.  Now I feel like I'm in The Third Reich.  Let me see your papers !  I don't feel like they trust me anymore.

Bottom line . . . . Ebay and paypal are going to lose customers with this intrusive foolishness  Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

Ciel707
Contributor
Contributor

I am wondering why PayPal will not allow people under the age of 18 to use their services. If anything they should allow us to use the services if we are are using MoneyPak or something like it. Truthfully I did not have a problem with PayPal until today. I had went to the store and bought a MoneyPak card, and when I got home to redeem it I was not able to simply because of my age. I know that PayPal may be trying to protect younger people, but I think they could find a better way than simply not allowing them to use the services in the first place. Also I will not curse even though I am angry about the this, I know that they are only trying to do their job. I hope you consider allowing younger people to use your services.

Login to Me Too

ronin702
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing happened to me,except I went back to the CVS pharmacy and made a scene,yelling at the manager.The police were called because I thought he scammed me( I have been funding my PayPal with MoneyPak throught them CVS and never seen this new manager before),I thought he scammed me out of $195.anyway I was banned from their store and I could have gotten arrested(bad temper)only to discover the problem is with Pay Pal actually it is more like the government (IRS)they want to clamp down and keep track of everyone's transactions,for their control grid and impose on your privacy

I would just close your present account and reopen one with a checking account exclusively for use with Paypaland Ebay,if you want to keep using Ebay and Paypal.

I do not recommend sending any sensitive peronal info. such as disclosing your ss#,driver's license,utility bill.

I value my privacy and do not want to compromise any information which may result in identity theft.

Myself,I am done with Paypal and Ebay if they continue this idiocy,because they are concerned for my safety.reminds me of the TSA.

Login to Me Too

clarek

YOu are SO RIGHT about this.

What are they really trying to do here? ITs creepy and I swear I hope soeone is reading these and realizes that peope arent going to take it.

Paypal, like all companies, will go the way of the dinosaur.

Login to Me Too

opto
Contributor
Contributor

Too much apathy for too long.   It's the infernal revenuers by golly.  Simply put - we need to take back our government an throw a lot of greedy bums in jail (without parole).  Check this out:  CHARLEY REESE’S FINAL COLUMN … ORLANDO SENTINEL! 545 vs 300,000,000 PEOPLE : Deadline Live With Jack...

Login to Me Too

UsukiDoll
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Multitask. I'm just replying on your thread so the following message is aimed directly at Paypal:

Come on PayPal! This is ridiculous! It's been over a week and still no answer to this sudden change? UN #)(**(# REAL!

I, along with other paypal members, want a DECENT explaination regarding your recent change. Either PayPal is hacked, or the workers think that it's a great idea for people to surrender their personal information. Last time I checked, PayPal is always being attacked constantly by hackers.

It just saddens me that you prefer to ****** your users, ebay buyers, and ebay sellers instead of solving this problem. When ebay sellers realize why they are not getting paid, they will learn that your crazy new rules have destroyed them. You are destroying the foundations of the once popular PayPal site. FOR SHAME!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.