concerned about giving out info

UsukiDoll
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I wanted to add funds from my bank account, but I can't because it requires additional verification. First of all, there is no way that I will give out my personal information due to all the crazy internet things out there. I don't want to give out sensitive info due to security reasons. Although adding funds from a bank account takes 3-5 days, I prefer this method because I don't know any store that sells a Moneypak card. I'm steamed that this is happening! I never had any problems before this. -___-*
I want this fixed.

Login to Me Too
156 REPLIES 156

Dandy13
Contributor
Contributor

I also have tried to do this. I have also Tried to delete my account after finding out I needed to provide all of this and they wont let me close my account until after I give them my INformation...THis is BS I want to delete my acount or I will have to send a letter out to an atturny! because I agree that this is fishy.

Login to Me Too
Solved

grandmaslake
Contributor
Contributor

I finally got through!  The woman told me that this limitation was a result of a new law passed by Congress requiring banks to verify the identity of customers.  It sounded a little weak to me, but she was able to verify me by just having me give my birthday.  That was all it took.

Here's how I did it:  I kept telling the little electronic customer service lady that I was angry and that she wan't solving my problem.  They finally suggested I call and gave me an access code that was good for 60 minutes.  That got me to a real person who solved the problem.

Good luck!

Login to Me Too

UsukiDoll
Contributor
Contributor

omg best solution ever! I rather provide my birthday than anything else. But uh, what is their phone number so that I can call them and have my account limit lifted?

Login to Me Too

grandmaslake
Contributor
Contributor

You have to go through their electronic support person.  Go to help and click on Ask Sarah.  Keep putting in things like, "I'm angry about..." and "You can't help."  I eventually got a phone number and an access code.  The access code is the key to getting a real person, and it only lasts an hour.

Good luck!

Login to Me Too

memememememe
New Community Member

I just went thru SARAH, got the Access Code and Called - the support person would NOT help, talked to a supervisor, and still would not help!!

This is sooo stupid. If I DON'T fill in the BDay and SSN - they'll still transfer money from my banking acct or CCard - so what's the difference?

Can anyone recommend the next largest player in this field? I've about had it with Paypal.

Login to Me Too

UsukiDoll
Contributor
Contributor

If you're buying from ebay, Paypal is the only way to pay for your items. Since Paypal is going down the toilet, there must be an alternative or ebay and paypal will both sink themselves. There's AlertPay and the newest Serve from American Express, but their rules are different, so read the fine print.

Login to Me Too

jenkirkdanbird
Contributor
Contributor

If everyone wants an explination, here it is (I am a paypal user, NOT an employee). They verified EVERYONE, not just a few members. The reason why, THEY WANT TO MAKE SURE PEOPLE ARE NOT STEALING IDENTIES FROM OTHERS. Paypal is internet based, how do they know that your name is really Tom (or whatever you say it is)? There are a LOT of unhonest scammers out there, and they want o make sure that none of these scammers are using their site. The only way to make that possible is to ask EVERYONE for photo I.D., copy of a personal bill, etc. When I recieved the notice of the need of more information, I called and they walked me through the steps. My only reply was "THANK YOU FOR INSURING THE SECURITY OF MY MONEY". Paypal is one of the largest online banking systems out there, do you know how many scammers would love to get into out wallets? I think people should take a minute to view this situation from another angle, if you were getting scammed, wouldn't you be asking why they do not do more to verify their users? Well, they verified all of us before it got to that. 

Login to Me Too

UsukiDoll
Contributor
Contributor

THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT NO ONE WANTS TO GIVE OUT THEIR SS ONLINE! Would you do it online only to lift this one tiny restriction?

Login to Me Too

jenkirkdanbird
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I would, as a matter of fact, I have done it. Because I know that paypal is keeping everything secure

Login to Me Too

UsukiDoll
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal being secure? I don't think so. They have been hacked a lot of times already which is why many people like myself are reluctant to give out sensitive information. These hackers are sophisticated, not stupid.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.