concerned about giving out info

UsukiDoll
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I wanted to add funds from my bank account, but I can't because it requires additional verification. First of all, there is no way that I will give out my personal information due to all the crazy internet things out there. I don't want to give out sensitive info due to security reasons. Although adding funds from a bank account takes 3-5 days, I prefer this method because I don't know any store that sells a Moneypak card. I'm steamed that this is happening! I never had any problems before this. -___-*
I want this fixed.

Login to Me Too
156 REPLIES 156

UsukiDoll
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for telling me. I almost wanted to buy a MoneyPak card so that I could bypass Paypal's stupid request, but since I now know that it doesn't work, then I won't waste my time and money on it.

Login to Me Too

lucario61

yea so i bought this and with alot of failed attempts i cant verify anymore. can anyone help? i might just get the refund since this annoying and if this doesnt get resolved soon i reccomend no one to buy moneypak

Login to Me Too

ronin702
Contributor
Contributor

I would get the refund ,but what I have been reading on the Ebay community forums, the mods will give you the runaround with no acceptable solution,(they do not care)so I will close my Paypal account this afternoon after I get my last purchase  delivered from a Ebay seller .Whew I was lucky the payment went through somehow(moneypak,paypal)

Ebay, Paypal  I am thinking is just running off the little guys,forcing you to buy from big box retail store's instead.The federal reserve criminals run everything,own everything,get away with anything.The IRS is their muscle.can you say corporate fascism?TYRANNY?! remember the Beatle's song"Taxman"?

Login to Me Too

trut3ch

Please, any moderator explain this process to me regarding verification from Moneypak. WHY DO THEY NEED OUR SSN to pass CASH from one place to another? Are we wrong in thinking this is invasive (offensive!) and unnecessary?

I got involved with moneypak after purchasing a cellphone on ebay. I was short a few bucks in my paypal account for expedited shipping. Rather than wait the 3-5 days to transfer from my bank account I just ran to the 7/11 by my house to buy a card with the minimal amount on it (I only needed $3 but you have to buy $20 minimum).

Once I reached the verification page I stopped. It just didn't feel right. Why my SSN? I clicked the refund option and selected a cheaper method of shipping instead.

I had to give them some personal information (not my SSN) to get my refund. This whole thing is stupid to me. You don't need ID or a SSN to purchase a money order. That's another form of cash exchange you have to pay a service fee for. They can't say they are required by some legislation to gather this information, so why do it? I say the reason is simple.. to make money off of it. Why else do it? They have our cash, they got their service fee, we get to moneypak's website from inside our Paypal accounts AFTER we log into it.

Another thing to question is.. They got their service fee.. why do they care who we are or that we are giving cash to someone else.. Did they ever ask you who you are OR who you're sending money to when you buy a Money Order? .. **bleep** no.. they say give is our $1.50 and we'll mind our business. I say to moneypak, you got your service fee, now stfu and pass my money along wherever I say I want it to go.

My Response to Moneypak:

"You don't need my Social Security number to verify me with paypal. They have verified me with my bank account and my personal information already. I hereby insist that AFTER you send me my refund you remove all identifying information about me from your database(s) and I demand you never release/sell/forfeit identifying information about me in any way, shape, or form. This whole thing seems suspect to me now. You're probably just gathering information to sell it to someone else.. I notice you don't say THAT in your pitch about how you will not use my social security number for "credit checks or market research." Your verification process is bull**bleep**, you already HAVE MY MONEY .. I got to your site by clicking a link in my paypal account AFTER I LOGGED INTO IT .. it's ME. You're interrupting the process of cash exchanges???? Why?? what more do you need? Idiots. I want my $4.95 back too. I better get a check for $24.95 within 10 days. This is the most ridiculous process for moving cash from one place to another I've ever experienced."

Login to Me Too

Borgarath
New Community Member

I completely agree with you. This idea of 'SSN' for age verication is just dumb. Jus wait before you know it, my SSN will be released and yeah, things won't go well from there. Man, it was SO easy just to transfer my money from moneypak to Paypal earlier. Now, it's just a load of crap to do and a waste of time. I was planning to make a business by buying supplies online with this, but I don't want to risk my SSN on jeopardy.

Login to Me Too

extremely89
New Community Member

Dude i am so 100 % on your side, man this whole thing is just messed up. I mean what the he'll do they need our SSN for... just garbage, i wish there were some simple way of buying things online like itunes, i go to the store buy a card, go online and use it. Paypal you are pathedic!!

Login to Me Too

vladimir676
Contributor
Contributor

i got scammed TWICE! out of my money, this whole new SSN thing is stupid the whole verification thing is stupid. about several months ago all i had to do was enter the moneypak number and that's it. nothing else now i have to type all my personal information?! For all i know you guys could be waiting to sue us, or make us pay for something we didn't buy! put this **bleep** back the way it was. oh and p.s

in 11 days, i better get my refund. 

sincerley, Scammed paypal/moneypak customer

Login to Me Too

Diesoul
New Community Member

I agree, I have a 15+ character password and I have my phone number linked for them to call/text me incase of fraud but yet they wan't a SSN. This is ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

bigjhinton
New Community Member

i am filling a claim with the bbb against moneypak. and my advice to paypal is to remove them from your hip because they are ruining you.

Login to Me Too

uruguay96
New Community Member

I also 100% agree this is waste of time i tried to buy a game with paypal but i need to put money into paypal  while i was on my way to put on the money it tell me that i need social security number i was so **bleep** i wasted 75 on dollar on this and i dont want to refund because im only 15 years old who just wanted to buy a danm game and i dont know my danm social security number cause im fuxing 15. and dont want to go to a bank to cash in the check

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.