concerned about giving out info

UsukiDoll
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I wanted to add funds from my bank account, but I can't because it requires additional verification. First of all, there is no way that I will give out my personal information due to all the crazy internet things out there. I don't want to give out sensitive info due to security reasons. Although adding funds from a bank account takes 3-5 days, I prefer this method because I don't know any store that sells a Moneypak card. I'm steamed that this is happening! I never had any problems before this. -___-*
I want this fixed.

Login to Me Too
156 REPLIES 156

Desender
Contributor
Contributor

That is just sad, I mean. Really? Asking for your SSN? That is just insane first of all, but second of all, it tells me that the information I had given was wrong? That just ruined my whole weekend, I was going to buy some stuff from the internet and now THIS happens... Getting refund, not really a refund since I had to pay $4.95 to get the "service fee." **Bleep** service fee, what did I get served out of this stupid new "policy" they are adding to make sure we realy are the Paypal users, Really unsatisfied with this type of "service." (Excuse the language but this just made me super mad Robot Mad.)

EDIT: If this is an April 1st joke then it's an awful, sour one. 

Login to Me Too

jpierce99
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

This is my first experience with either PayPal or Moneypak. I decided to buy a MoneyPak card and put $140 onto it with the intent of adding this money to my PayPal account. So I logged into PayPal, clicked add money, add money from MoneyPak. And I enter the MoneyPak number on my card and click how much I want to add to my PayPal account. So, next thing it does is ask for all this personal information, including my social security number. Nowhere on the MoneyPak does it mention any of this, so I think its rather deceptive but oh whatever I'll add it anyways and it will be okay.

After adding all my personal information, I doubled and tripled checked it to make sure it was correct. After that I click submit information or whatever its called and it says "can't verify your information. You cannot use MoneyPak to add money to PayPal".....Huh? You guys already have my money? So I can request a refund of my MoneyPak money,  but I don't want to do that, I want to fund my PayPal account through MoneyPak.

So I e-mail MoneyPak support, and I get some atomized e-mail back that doesn't answer my question at all, but just simply states if you can't be verified you can't use MoneyPak. I call the MoneyPak support and talk to a lady for about 10minutes. She doesn't really help much at all. To use a MoneyPak you must be 18 years old, and I recently turned 18 4 days ago. So I figured that's a good reason I wouldn't be in any database and the lady agreed. I am getting a debit card within 7-10 days and I asked the lady if I would be in the database and be verified and she said yeah, probably.

So basically, I'm going to have to wait to see if I enter this magical database MoneyPak uses to verify people when I get my debit card. Even if I do, the problem is now, that after the first few times I tried entering my MoneyPak, it obviously didn't work, but it did give me the option to put in all my personal information again. I did this multiple times but it never worked. Now when I try entering my moneypak information, it allows to enter my MoneyPak number, and it allows me to select how much of the $140 I want to add. But when I click the next step which is like verification, it doesn't allow me to enter my personal information anymore, it just goes directly to the page were it says none of my information could be verified.

*Sigh*

This whole experience has been a complete mess. I seriously doubt me receiving a debit card will change my verification status. Even if it does, I don't know if I can enter my MoneyPak information anymore. Why you need to verify for something you have already paid for is completely senseless to me. Oh well. Sorry for the long post. Any help would be appreciated. Or if someone went through the refund process, tell me how that works. I heard that the "refund", costs you 5$ in service fees. Of course it would. Well anyways any help would be appreciated, Thanks..

Login to Me Too

StarPower
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah this whole this is a load of ****. It USE to be easy adding money to paypal through MoneyPaks but now its pretty much impossible. If only there was someone that could create a website like paypal, I'd leave in a heart beat..

As for refunds, I requested one and received a check in the mail in around 7-10 working days which included the service of $4.50 that they charge you during purchase. However, for some reason I received $59.50 when I put $60 on it.. I would avoid Paypal and MoneyPak at all costs when it comes to purchases online. Some online stores even delay your purchase when you buy something with Paypal.

Login to Me Too

lovemeludo
New Community Member

@jpierce99 wrote:

Hi,

This is my first experience with either PayPal or Moneypak. I decided to buy a MoneyPak card and put $140 onto it with the intent of adding this money to my PayPal account. So I logged into PayPal, clicked add money, add money from MoneyPak. And I enter the MoneyPak number on my card and click how much I want to add to my PayPal account. So, next thing it does is ask for all this personal information, including my social security number. Nowhere on the MoneyPak does it mention any of this, so I think its rather deceptive but oh whatever I'll add it anyways and it will be okay.

After adding all my personal information, I doubled and tripled checked it to make sure it was correct. After that I click submit information or whatever its called and it says "can't verify your information. You cannot use MoneyPak to add money to PayPal".....Huh? You guys already have my money? So I can request a refund of my MoneyPak money,  but I don't want to do that, I want to fund my PayPal account through MoneyPak.

So I e-mail MoneyPak support, and I get some atomized e-mail back that doesn't answer my question at all, but just simply states if you can't be verified you can't use MoneyPak. I call the MoneyPak support and talk to a lady for about 10minutes. She doesn't really help much at all. To use a MoneyPak you must be 18 years old, and I recently turned 18 4 days ago. So I figured that's a good reason I wouldn't be in any database and the lady agreed. I am getting a debit card within 7-10 days and I asked the lady if I would be in the database and be verified and she said yeah, probably.

So basically, I'm going to have to wait to see if I enter this magical database MoneyPak uses to verify people when I get my debit card. Even if I do, the problem is now, that after the first few times I tried entering my MoneyPak, it obviously didn't work, but it did give me the option to put in all my personal information again. I did this multiple times but it never worked. Now when I try entering my moneypak information, it allows to enter my MoneyPak number, and it allows me to select how much of the $140 I want to add. But when I click the next step which is like verification, it doesn't allow me to enter my personal information anymore, it just goes directly to the page were it says none of my information could be verified.

*Sigh*

This whole experience has been a complete mess. I seriously doubt me receiving a debit card will change my verification status. Even if it does, I don't know if I can enter my MoneyPak information anymore. Why you need to verify for something you have already paid for is completely senseless to me. Oh well. Sorry for the long post. Any help would be appreciated. Or if someone went through the refund process, tell me how that works. I heard that the "refund", costs you 5$ in service fees. Of course it would. Well anyways any help would be appreciated, Thanks..

I turned 18 2 days ago, so I am wondering the same thing. When I go to the resolution center, it says that i need to provide proof of my social security number. Well, how do I do that? The PayPal customer service **bleep**. I don't have a debit card yet and I really don't want to wait until I get a debit card to be able to add the money to my account. My phone was dropped into soda (not my fault) so I need to buy a new phone. I found one on Ebay but I obviously can't buy it until all this PayPal crap is figured out.

Login to Me Too

selcrysti
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys, not sure if this is still open but its been two weeks that I requested a refund...NOTHING HAS BEEN SENT... and I've called MoneyPak, they said: call Paypal, that's their problem because they changed the policy which requires to identify your account. So I called Paypal, after three transfers (yes, I've been bounced off by representants) the third one told me to try adding the Moneypak to my Paypal each day to see if it works, and they're working to fix this.... ok..... STILL NOTHING HAS HAPPENED....SAME FLIPPING ERROR. REALLY? Please WORK THIS OUT!!!!

Login to Me Too

Desender
Contributor
Contributor

Really sorry to hear that you haven't gotten your refund at least for these stupid errors. By the way, MoneyPak sends the check not PayPal because the funds haven't went to paypal yet, if it did we wouldn't have much of a problem but the stupid personal problems such as SSN... Did you do the refund correctly? I did it once but it didn't tell me anything so then I did it again and it confirmed me that it was going to come home in 1-7 business days. It came in about a week. Still not happy with the service though. Good luck on getting your money back, if you don't then file a complaint to them so they know about this. 

Login to Me Too

DontUseMoneypak
New Community Member

My solution: I had identification problems and decided to do it like this:
-Made sure i was 18+

-Looked at my driver's license and my full name IN FULL CAPS. Note that your first and middle name should be typed in the same field.

DOB

SSN (This is ridiculous)

finally worked. hope this helps someone. I would never use moneypak again as this has caused me tremendous amounts of frustration.

Login to Me Too

MKWhiteLotus

Is this thread still open?

So I've recently tried to add money  to PayPal with MoneyPak as well, mainly for one reason, now MoneyPak is the ONLY option to add money to PayPal.

When did this happen? I can no longer use a bank account or online transfer to add money to my PayPal account.

On top of that, it is still the same problem with MoneyPak, such as inability to verify account authencity, asking for SSN.

Login to Me Too

Tx2

You can still add funds to PayPal by clicking on the link "Add Money" and just ignore the dropdown.  By clicking on the link, it will show your bank account and you can add money that way.  Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

Schammi

I'll start off by saying Moneypak is a total piece of **** . If your the type of person who looks for fast and easy money Moneypak is not your chose after trying to add Moneypak entering correct information numerous of times it kept giving me and error saying my address was wrong but how could my address be wrong when i'm quite sure I know what my address is? Its just the way it is set up on my paypal account. Anyways after finding the solution to the  problem I got  this messege "PayPal must obtain, verify, and record information that identifies customers who use the MoneyPak to add money to theirPayPal account. We were unable..........." Iliterally turned from a normal human being into the Incredible hulk

for like 3 seconds they are freaking crazy to sit there and ask for your SSN after already buying it from the store? What else information do you need!  there is no need to verify your Moneypak again once it's bought it just makes no sense at ALL  Moneypak is NOT legit I'm definatly getting my refund and make a solemn promise to never use Moneypak again it's a total waste of time and a waste of my life for even buying it.I'll NEVER EVER buy a Moneypak again just runied my day...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.