Your resolution center is Bull CRAP

shannonranee

I have someone that received a PHOTO of an item that she wanted to purchase along with a description.  This was a childs outfit.  there were no holes staines ect on the outfit.  she sent is back with stains saying that is how she received it which is a complete lie.  when I sell I do not allow for returns or refunds as they have photos of the exact item before they purchase.  Paypal has completely ignored me in this situation and refunded her money.  sellers need to have protection as well.  I have emailed paypal regarding this several times.  I am going to continue to dispute it as I feel if paypal wanted to refund her thenit is at their expense not mine. Now not only am I out the money I am also out the outfit as there is no way I can sell it in the condition in which she returned it even after she was told there was a no return policy.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Even though you say no returns a buyer still has a right under paypals buyer protection to file a dispute if an item does not arrive or arrives misdescribed. The no refunds bit only applies if a buyer has buyer remorse but there is nothing wrong with the item. 

Paypal cannot SEE the item you sent or see the item the buyer returns, they have no way of knowing who is telling the truth. So to be fair to both parties they award a refund to the buyer BUT the buyer has to send the item back at their own expense.

On this occasion you lost out unfortunately but it could equally be a buyer losing out in having to pay to return a misdescribed item back to the seller. No one is ever going to be totally 100% protected.

It is just the risk of selling we all take. I tend to look at it that the money i have made being able to sell on ebay and use paypal to get payments more than off sets the occasional sale that goes wrong.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.