Worst Customer Service ever

marcd0589
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has to have the worst customer service that I have ever encountered.  There is no "live-chat" option for when I am online, which is ridiculous seeing as though almost all larger corporations/companies/other businesses have live online chat options.  So you are left with three options...Ask a question online via paypals "supersmart computer system" which is actually a  crapshoot because it doesnt help you at all, Email for help which does not help you AT ALL because it takes forever to get a response from anyone, or call...Which in my opinion is the worst option ever because you always speak to someone who you can barely understand after you've waited for at least 15 minutes.  The idea of this site is fantastic but its completely absurd that the customer service is about as bad as it could ever get...

Another thing or two, the mobile confirmation? I've done this at least 5-6 times already and the site still asks me to confirm my mobile number...so now when I try to confirm it and get the message "We've sent a message to your phone with a confirmation code...blah blah blah" I NEVER GET IT....Ive been trying to receive this code now for hours and its only good for 15 minutes...but I guess it doesnt matter since I'm never going to get the confirmation code sent to me anyway.....Bill Me Later also cant Link to my account for some reason, and the reason that they provide is that the account information doesn't match up, even after I've entered my CORRECT phone number/birthdate..even the last four digits of my SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER...and after it tells me that "accounts cant be linked due to the information that you have provided" it doesnt even offer to help me...and of course since paypal doesnt want to speak or resolve any problems with its users, it will take a good 3-4 days AT MINIMUM to resolve issues...I've seen better customer service at Mcdonalds and Burger Kind where I'm getting served by people who can barely read...

There is just no goof help options offered by paypal and I'm so frustrated with the site and all of the F-ing B.S. that it puts you through...

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

FrustUser
New Community Member

I have been on hold for over an hour now.  I have 1 question to ask.  I have never seen such bad customer service anywhere.  Jokingly they said thanks for holding and your call is important to us.  What a lie.  We appreciate your patience.  What a joke.  It is incredible that a company like this can stay in business.  I had to reenter my commets beccause they disappeared.  I tried to sign on as a frustrated user, but that had already been taken.  I believe they wait for your phone battery to die.  How can anyone actually get an answer.  I don't want my payment to me to be delayed anymore.  There has to be another company that does this that can be used by companies that acutall care and want to help you.   THIS IS THE WORST EVER.

Login to Me Too

gwalk28215

I absolutely agree! Worst customer service ever! I am currently deployed and I have stated via email several times that I am deployed and I have no access to a phone. Every email response I get tells me to call customer service. I highly doubt a real live person has even read my questions and issues I am having. By far the worst customer service! Needless to say I will not be using Paypal at all. No big loss, I never used it anyways I was just trying something new.

Login to Me Too

kevinjeanes
New Community Member

Stopped using Paypal five years ago because of the pathetic customer service. Started using them again but than just gave up again because dont have time to spend on their bs. Sent an email to their CEO they really dont care. I majored in customer serice and agree this company would have made a good paper on "the Worst Customer service ever" !!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.