Why is this forum more of a bulletin board for whiny crybabies?

cornbreadmcbray
Contributor
Contributor

,Why is this forum more of a bulletin board for whiny crybabies, than for intelligent people asking questions and seeking information instead of crying and ranting? I think if you spend all your time being negative how can you ever expect positive results?

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Great observation!

Don't you find it interesting that PayPal has a public community forum that basically allows people to express themselves within reason of course.  There are alternative processing services out there, but oddly enough they, don't have public community forums such as this one.  One can only imagine how good or bad those services are.  At least here, people can judge for themselves.  Hopefully the smart ones who visit this community feel the same as you and can see the benefit of helping one another.

Agree, there's not enough cheese, crackers, or tissues to satisfy the whinners.  It's amazing the number of issues posted are self-inflicted yet, they take no responsibly or ownership.  It's always someone else's fault.  People come here and "demand" what ever and yet they have a choice of services out there.  I don't recall of any situations where someone was physically forced to open a PayPal Account.

PayPal is not a perfect system and even if it was, someone would be unhappy.   Yes, there's room for improvement in areas like customer support but, that can be said about any corporation.  PayPal does have some great folks behind the scenes, personally, I've met quite a few.

With the exception of the moderators who are PayPal employees and have other duties too  A lot of the general support here comes from volunteers - many are whom are online business owners who have hands-on experience using both PayPal and eBay.

Also agree - negative attitudes just don't cut it and their posts simply get ignored. 

Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Smiley HappyAgreed. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tag68
Contributor
Contributor

You sir, are incorrect.  PayPal DOES force you to use their account in both selling and buying and that is how MOST of the people dealing with PayPal get their accounts all screwed up.  I USED to be a seller on ebay but when they changed their provedures and got into their complete control mode I quit selling.  It is MY item to sell, therefore it is MY problem to collect payment for it and deal with MY buying customer. PayPal nor ebay has a right to collect additional fees for 'handling MY money' - they are NOT a bank although they think they are!!! 

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Our theory has been validated.

Login to Me Too

Tag68
Contributor
Contributor

Your theory has been validated?  By whom and by what authority?  You receive your alleged 'validation' without any other body present to CONFIRM what you state is accurate?  I think our own personal experience with ebay and PayPal, which is OWNED by ebay, is more genuine a validation than anything hypothetical to which you refer.  In simple language - put your money where your mouth is by submitting substantiating evidence and supporting documentation, OK? 

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Thank you.

Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Tag68
Contributor
Contributor

Snow, buddy, what do you do, :LIVE on here?  Apparently you spend all day every day in front of a computer on this forum - YOU need to get a life!!!  Over 12,000 posts?  Ridiculous!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you have given up your own time and helped just ONE person on here from getting scammed and not losing money or helped them find out how they can use paypal you just maybe able to post an opinion on a volunteer on here.

Until then your comments are utterly worthless. 

Goodbye...........

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tag68
Contributor
Contributor

IF, kemow, you are directing you negative comment to me then be brave enuf to say so - don't just post a blind comment that can be directed to just anyone. Besides, since the Freedom of Speech still exists in this country, that is, unless obummer cancels it, I can say whatever I want to say OR I can agree or disagree with anyone on here JUST LIKE YOU!!!  I don't happen to agree with the other 'advisor' - just because you have the 'title' of advisor does NOT mean that  you have unlimited intelligence....frankly, I've found otherwise.  Those that think they know everything, usually do not!!!  AGREED? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.