What seller protection?!

LessUse
Contributor
Contributor

Look at this in the other topic! Please ship it to my friend 🙂 (I didn't get it honest!)  His friend did and Paypal gives this a thumb up!

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-claims/Item-marked-as-delievered-but-i-never-receiv...

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Olivia

Hi LessUse, and welcome to the forums!

It sounds like there may be confusion about the thumbs up the linked post received. You can see which user has given a thumbs up by clicking on the number next to the thumb. The thumbs up on the post in question was given by another Community member.

I hope this helps clarify.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

LessUse
Contributor
Contributor

I am sorry for not being clear, the thumbs up was not regarding the thumbs up of the post.

It was regarding the reply (maybe yours or the other moderator) that approved the action of the seller shipping to the "Friend" and then the buyer can say he didn't get it. This should not be done this way.

You  may say it's the price to do business, but I am not a business man, I have a one time sale and pulling my hair out more and more I learn what I got myself into.

I have buyer begging me to ship the item day after day and don't understand that he/she has to change the address on the transaction page as it is required by paypal, since the one on the the original turned out to be not viable.

Buyer doesn't know how to do that but "please could I ship it"?! I also want to make the sale, I just don't know if she will scam me or just not very bright.

I emailed paypal for help and all I got was a copy/paste from the user agreement. Not addressing the problem at all.

very sad

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi LessUse,

I'd like to clarify any misunderstanding.

The original poster said that he arranged the shipping an unconfirmed address so that someone would be available to receive the item. He didn't specify whether it was a friend, or a relative, or his workplace, or even if it was the address in the transaction details. He said that the item was not received.

I've run into this circumstance myself, and it's a very frustrating situation for a buyer. I purchased a pair of shoes. The tracking showed the package was delivered but I did not get it. The staff in the apartment office at my complex were certain that no package had been delivered to them, nothing was left at my door, and when I contacted the post office, all they would tell me is that their tracking showed delivery. My final supposition was that the postal carrier had left the item at my doorstep and it was stolen.

In the case of an expensive item, the requirement of signature confirmation can prevent this type of occurrence. When signature confirmation is required, the postal carrier may not simply leave the package and go. With signature confirmation required, either I or my representative must sign to receive the package. This ensures that contact is made, and is far preferable to me as a buyer. It also protects the seller because it shows that there was an actual start-to-finish delivery.

When I sell, I make sure only to ship to the address in the transaction details. If a buyer asks me to ship to a different address, I refund the payment and ask them to resend the payment with the address details as part of the transaction itself. This ensures that I can protect myself with PayPal Seller Protection, while also accommodating my buyer's request.

Please let me know if you need any additional clarification. I'm happy to prevent misunderstanding whenever possible. 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

LessUse
Contributor
Contributor

So first regarding my case, not knowing there will be a problem, I transferred money to my bank account which is different currency, now I am suppose to transfer it back, and do it all again in a new transfer. Losing $100 in the process. An approved address change is what we need. OR just cancel this transaction and make new one without moving money.

As for the other case, you take the side of the buyer, not knowing what happened.

You say signature is the solution, but there is no signature available between Canada and USA. (I don't know other said it)

You say seller is responsible for the complete delivery, when the only way I can be sure is if I deliver it personally. And that is not covered! So paypal forcing me to use a 3rd party who is unreliable according to even you. Is that fair?!

If the seller is trying to accommodate the buyers request, he is on his own. If trying to stick to the rules, he is very limited.

By the way, just a week ago I signed for a package for someone else in the house I have nothing to do with. If someone signs for that package (as it offend happens at a business) but the buyer says it was him/her, paypal will still side with the buyer right?! It's not enough that just somebody signs for it right?!

PS: Something about proving the signature online only?! I just read what others wrote so even when there is a signature, proving it is compliated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.