WHERE IS PAYPAL CUSTOMER SERVICE PHONE NUMBER?!

pika-steph
Contributor
Contributor

Someone is making repeated unauthorized transactions on my account.  As I sit here with my e-mail box flooding with transaction receipts, there's nothing I can do about it.  I tried to cancel the transactions, but it says that they're completed as fast as I can get to them.  I'm sitting here watching my bank account get drained by some unkown entity and there's nothing I can do about it?!  Why is there no customer service number for emergencies?!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Contact your bank asap and cancel the direct debit instruction between you and paypal.

If you still have access to your paypal account go in now and change the password and security questions.

Also go in and remove your bank account from paypal via the profile tab.

Then file all the transactions in the resolution centre via the unauthorised transaction dispute option.

To contact paypal go to contact us bottom of paypal pages > use the call us option on the left.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

pika-steph
Contributor
Contributor

I did change my password and security questions.  It took a few minutes, but the 'transactions' did stop.  I tried to reach my bank but when this started happening it was long after-hours and I had no way of doing so.  

Should I still disconnect my bank account from my Pay Pal account?  I didn't think this was even possible, since I have no other sources of payment for Pay Pal.  (I have no credit cards.)

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If the change of password etc stopped this happening then it should be ok now.

Have you filed for unauthorised payments via the resolution tab in your paypal account??

Also double check any emails you may have received from paypal as there are a lot of spoofs about that tell you that your account is limited etc unless you log on via a link etc etc and when you click on the link you give away your log in info.

Paypal never ask you to log in and enter sensitive financial or log in info via an email....also make sure that email addresses you by your full name and not Dear paypal member/user/customer etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

pika-steph
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted my bank this morning and they said they could do nothing because it was authorized by Pay Pal.

I did start a dispute last night as soon as this happened.  I just got notification from Pay Pal that they found in m favor.  I'm not sure what this means, but I hope that it means the transactions will be reversed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.