VPN's And Privacy

markisanandroid
New Community Member

I find it incredibly hypocritical for Paypal to be actively opposed to their users from using VPN's. For me, a company that blocks users from using their services simply because they choose to try and remain private as much as possible cannot themselves be interested in privacy, or do not understand what that means to their customers. Something does not make sense.

I shall therefore be closing my Paypal account immediately.

Buy bitcoins, just enough to get what you need. It is easier than you think. And Bollocks to Paypal.

Mark

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

OrangePapers
Contributor
Contributor

Also, I noticed that Paypal doesn't allow me to use the Tor browswer to avoid trackers.  The trackers have become very annoying.  For example, I got an email on Google gmail where someone said that he was having a problem with drugs and alcohol.  Soon, I was hammered with advertisements for the 12-Step cult religion where rehabs promised me an 80% success rate for only $30,000.00 per month. --On other, completely different web sites, yet.  Google had read my email and sold my name and identity to the 12-Step rehab centers. To heck with that noise.

So now I'm running the Tor browser and not using Gmail.  But Paypal won't allow us to use the Tor browser because it masks the source IP number -- you appear to be coming from a different computer with each access, and cannot be tracked.  Paypal demands that I change my password every time I log in, which gets very old very fast.

So I'm thinking of dumping Paypal too.  How do I buy Bitcoins?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.