Screwed by Pay-Pal on first transaction!

erik78597
New Community Member

I signed up to use the service for the first time last week.  I was selling my dead father's motorcycle so that my widowed mother could use the money to pay her property taxes before the end of the year.  I went through the sign-up process, and even linked my debit card and bank account.  I completed my first and only transaction for $1,200.00 with a fella in Seattle, who bought the bike.  Then I was informed that Pay-Pal was going to hold my mom's money for three weeks!! Nowhere in the sign-up process was I informed that this was the policy!!!  This is unacceptable.  I don't have a problem with the policy, I have a problem with the fact that Pay-Pal does not tell you the CLEARLY when you are signing up.  Now they are holding my mom's money (and surely collecting interest on it) while she has to worry about losing her house. It's a scam!!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

jjss125
Contributor
Contributor

It is an unwelcome suprize.  I have had the same experience several times and fortunately for me I was not in need of the money right away.  I didn't know why they withheld the funds, they jsut did.

Login to Me Too

LadyNicki69
Contributor
Contributor

It's theft Pure and simple.

I can understand holding funds for a New Account IF no Positive Ebay Feedback has been received but I have two Ebay transcations which have Positive Feedback and Paypal and Ebay are the same company............... So where is my Money ???

It's so they can claim the Interest. I have taken legal advice and am taking them to Court. I am eligible for Legal Aid. It's going to be a David vs Goliath battle but I am confident. They cannot justify what they are doing. Watch this Space

Login to Me Too

temp201811161z
Contributor
Contributor

I too have been screwed by the No-Pay/No-Pal bug. The worst part of the operation is no one will respond to my emails. I just end up canceling my purchase and wonder why people don't just send money orders or something that is safe and secure instead of dealing with these worthless folks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.