Resolution Center makes Paypal an uncertain method of payment

Heping
Contributor
Contributor

I am quite disapointed with your Resolution Center.

We sent the goods to one of our client abroad, the courier did not deliver the goods to him because he did not present the documents requested by the local customs (thy ask him tax ID and he does not have it), he opened a file in Paypal saying we did not deliver the goods to him and requesting his money back, we provided to Resolution Center tracking information plus documents saying that the goods were not delivered because the addresse failed to provided the requested documents by local Customs. Resolution center said the buyer was right. 

So how can we use Paypal from now ??? I mean if once we sent the goods, any of our client does not present the relevant documentation requested by local authorities,  request a refund of his payment and Resolution Center says his right. This makes any Paypal transaction uncertain. We spent money to prepare the good according to the client request, ship the goods and then client does not clear them and request a refund and Paypal says his right = we lose money!!

It is not our responsability to know local Customs regulations or even tax status of each client, it is a responsability of the client!!! I repeat we sent the goods and client fail to clear them from Customs. 

By the way we proved our position with documents (tracking number, email from the courier, etc). 

Anyways after this we are considering to stop using Paypal in our company...

I hope other users take into consideration our case to avoid having problems in the future....

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did you want the goods back AND get to keep the buyers payment??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Heping
Contributor
Contributor

No, we did not want the goods back to us, for us the goods we sent to the client are useless since they were customized to his request. I explained this to the resolution center but seems they did not care or did not read it. From our point of view we sent the goods on the agree terms and it was the client's fault not clearing the goods from Customs (he did not have a tax ID to do that), we want buyer payment since we spent money to prepare the goods and and ship them, we do not want the goods back. That is why we think Paypal us no reliable for sellers, I mean if a buyer regreat of his purchase, not clear his purchase in Customs and them claim the payment back and resolution center says they are right.....what can we sellers do...nothing....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.