Remove Video Background on Log In Page

pinkpixie4
Contributor
Contributor

please remove the fancy video background, it just SLOWS the log in process significantly.

I am annoyed each time I log on. Does anyone else think this is annoying? We don't need to be impressed by Paypal's coding skills, we just want to access our accounts effieciently! thank you!

Login to Me Too
54 REPLIES 54

macmedia

One thing you can do to "remove" the video I just realized

is to just go to the mobile version of the site.  It's not as featured as the regular site - but if you just want to check you balance, send money etc.  It's an alternative (though this problem could really be rectified if they just made it data friendly...)

http://m.paypal.com

Login to Me Too

Marauder1
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't come here for a You Tube experiance, it's totally annoying just to login.  Not only the video background but the entire site is slow and way over sized.  If your trying to cater to the moble folks please have your web designers add a auto select that senses which type user you are.   I hate the flat look and the fact that I have to scroll sidewase to find a button that used to be on my screen is really annoying.  Could we please just have a simple login page.

Thanks

M

Login to Me Too

P_2001

Very glad to find this thread. One more vote/ request here.

I phoned Paypal's customer service about this and after the clerk "researched" for several minutes - offline -, they sent me an email along the lines of "we are very happy to present you a great solution! Go to your browser's settings menu and deactive Flash video!" - WOW. Seriously, the most embarassing "support" answer I ever had, and I've been a Paypal customer for twelve years.

Actually, there IS a workaround:

Log in with incorrect data (like, just an x in the user name and pressing Enter), and bookmark the following page that prompts you to re-enter. Currently, that page does NOT have a video in it. Next time you want to access Paypal, just retrieve the bookmark.

Depending on your browser, as long as you don't delete its cache you can also retrieve the link from the address bar by starting to type "Paypal login" or "Paypal error" or whatever the page said in your language.

Now thank me for this. And Paypal, **bleep**, leave us this workaround and don't embed the "wrong password" message in some fancy multimedia script as well. I took screenshots of this thread by the way just in case it gets blocked or deleted (older H*tmail users probably know what I mean).

Login to Me Too

P_2001

LOL. Just for the record, it wasn't *me* who wrote "**bleep**". What I wanted to say was ***bleep***. Guess I was on the right track about censorship ahead...

Login to Me Too

Triplock
Contributor
Contributor

I agree. The video junk is extremly annoying and does nothing to make me like PayPal more. I would say get rid of it asap.

Login to Me Too

Lizawink
Contributor
Contributor

I also find it annoying. It doesn't even slow my login time. I just hate feeling like I'm watching a commercial everytime I have to do some business here.

Login to Me Too

Trudles

Thanks for the fix! It worked!

Login to Me Too

ric_barline
Contributor
Contributor

@P_2001 wrote:

Actually, there IS a workaround: Log in with incorrect data (like, just an x in the user name and pressing Enter), and bookmark the following page that prompts you to re-enter. Currently, that page does NOT have a video in it. Next time you want to access Paypal, just retrieve the bookmark.

Great idea! Another way to do this is to allow your PP session to time out, then you will get a new login page without the video. Bookmark that page and use it instead of the PP home page. Works great, until you try to log OUT, then of course PP sends you to the stupid video. So just close the page without logginh out when you're done. I can't believe PP is risking its customer base my treating us all like sheep. Someone needs to be fired.

Login to Me Too

cherubino3
Contributor
Contributor

I'm especially annoyed with the videos since what I really want from Paypal is to have reliable services like multi-order shipping which I have become dependent on.  It is not working.  Word of mouth is POWERFUL.  If people can't shut up about your amazing products and convenient services, then WOM will be positve.  If you toss money on a stupid logo update and commercials instead of having a reliable product, people will be frustrated and go to other products.

Login to Me Too

MartyIU13
Contributor
Contributor

One thing you can do to combat it is to make your Paypal "Home page" or favicon page the logout page or the direct login page with the /login after Paypal . com. These pages will not show the video.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.