Re: Error 580022

mtztrib
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to take a payment via my iphone but getting an error "Operation couldn't be completed. (PLATFORM error 580022). Called PayPal, someone foreign who's just repeating a script ... no help whatsoever. Really don't want to lose the $29 someone just paid me, but I'm afraid I will if I cancel out and try to re-install app, because I didn't write down their card number and they're gone now. Wish someone could please explain the error. I looked online and found something about PayPal not being accepted in that country, but I'm pretty sure PayPal works in the U.S... haha. Have not had a problem with the app before, but REALLY unsatisfied with PayPal "customer service" and I'm thinking of switching back to Square after this incident, because PayPal is doing NOTHING to help resolve this issue – as evidenced on this thread. WE WANT ANSWERS, NOT APOLOGIES.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sandmarosa
New Community Member

I have the same error tonight and I can't find a resolution either.  This is very frustrating!

Login to Me Too

mtztrib
Contributor
Contributor

Happening again. No solution from PayPal. Another $29 lost. Thinking I'm going to go back to Square ... their fees are slightly higher, but at this point, the losses from PayPal are far greater than the difference.

Login to Me Too

Homfc
Contributor
Contributor

Hope this helps....when on sale page. Make sure you do not have an empty field (example: item name ...$0.00).  although you add other sales, make sure you don't have any $0 items. This has prevented my credit card processing & received a 580022 error msg. 

Login to Me Too

Homfc
Contributor
Contributor
Updated answer....on PayPal here app, go to setting>tax> name your tax default. Your state, city, even ur dogs name. Just put a name in that spot. Problem should be resolved. Haven't had any issues yet!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.