Re: Amendment to the PayPal User Agreement and Privacy Policy

Pammay
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently one can opt out of this new power play by PayPal, however, I have spent the last half hour of my time attempting to find out HOW, exactly, I can opt out..The method for opting out of this new policy (see below for policy) is conspicuously absent from this site.  Do I really want an organization such as PayPal having access to any aspect of my money???   Someone do PLEASE enlighten me as to how to opt out of this.  Thanks

Amendment to the PayPal User Agreement and Privacy Policy

Effective Date: Nov 01, 2012
  • Amendment to the PayPal User Agreement

This update to the User Agreement effective November 1, 2012 contains changes that affect how claims you and PayPal have against each other are resolved (see Disputes with PayPal below). You will, with limited exception, be required to submit claims you have against PayPal to binding and final arbitration, unless you opt out of the Agreement to Arbitrate (Section 14.3) by December 1, 2012. Unless you opt out: (1) you will only be permitted to pursue claims against PayPal on an individual basis, not as a plaintiff or class member in any class or representative action or proceeding and (2) you will only be permitted to seek relief (including monetary, injunctive, and declaratory relief) on an individual basis. See Disputes with PayPal below for more information.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

John7878
New Community Member

**bleep** don't it? Ok here's how they INSIST that you do it...

Opt-Out Procedure.

You can choose to reject this Agreement to Arbitrate ("opt out") by mailing us a written opt-out notice ("Opt-Out Notice").  For new PayPal users, the Opt-Out Notice must be postmarked no later than 30 Days after the date you accept the User Agreement for the first time.  If you are already a current PayPal user and previously accepted the User Agreement prior to the introduction of this Agreement to Arbitrate, the Opt-Out Notice must be postmarked no later than December 1, 2012. You must mail the Opt-Out Notice to PayPal, Inc., Attn: Litigation Department, 2211 North First Street, San Jose, CA 95131.

The Opt-Out Notice must state that you do not agree to this Agreement to Arbitrate and must include your name, address, phone number, and the email address(es) used to log in to the PayPal account(s) to which the opt-out applies. You must sign the Opt-Out Notice for it to be effective. This procedure is the only way you can opt out of the Agreement to Arbitrate. If you opt out of the Agreement to Arbitrate, all other parts of the User Agreement, including all other provisions of Section 14 (Disputes with PayPal), will continue to apply.  Opting out of this Agreement to Arbitrate has no effect on any previous, other, or future arbitration agreements that you may have with us.

Login to Me Too

John7878
New Community Member

There is also this:

Future Changes to the Agreement to Arbitrate.

Notwithstanding any provision in the User Agreement to the contrary, you and we agree that if we make any change to this Agreement to Arbitrate (other than a change to any notice address or website link provided herein) in the future, that change shall not apply to any claim that was filed in a legal proceeding against PayPal prior to the effective date of the change. Moreover, if we seek to terminate the Agreement to Arbitrate as included in the User Agreement, any such termination shall not be effective until 30 days after the version of the User Agreement not containing the Agreement to Arbitrate is posted to http://www.paypal.com, and shall not be effective as to any claim that was filed in a legal proceeding against PayPal prior to the effective date of termination.

Login to Me Too

John7878
New Community Member

crooner123
New Community Member

You must surrender your first male child to great god of GOOGLE.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.