Paypal needs to change to be considered a reputable company

Windchaser14
Contributor
Contributor
I am totally disappointed with Paypal. First, they need to invest in customer service training for their reps. Then they need to be able to refund money quickly instead of holding the customer hostage while they are waiting for the "federal reserve to release their money". I purchased something at Best Buy they did not have my item in stock so sent me an email canceling the order within 5 minutes. PayPal still pulled all the money out of my account TWO days later. I called about a refund and they said 10 DAYS and were not friendly at all. I have always recommended paypal....never again. They need to make some changes.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal credit the seller for you and then start the process of uploading your funds to paypal from your funding source. That is why the funds did not leave your account for 2 days.

This is done so you get your item more quickly.

So when that order was cancelled 5 minutes later the funds that were marked for processing could not do a u-turn they had to process through to paypal and then paypal will send them on to your funding source.

That takes up to 5-7 days.

Paypal does not need to change its folks that use it need to ask and understand how it works.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Windchaser14
Contributor
Contributor
Customer service is #1 for any great company. Paypal doesn't have it. Read all the complaints. If you believe in Paypal so much then why do they not answer and resolve all the complaints on this forum
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

They don't answer all the complaints because this is a "community forum" for users to help each other.

If you want paypal customer services then you can email or phone them or contact them via twitter.

Did I say I believe in paypal so much? I answered your question as you were under a misapprehension on why your funds were held.

If they are right I say so, when they are wrong I will equally say so....they are not in your instance.  

Read all the complaints?? We may get a lot of questions on this forum but not a lot of complaints and a lot of those are sorted when folks understand the reasons things have been done.

If you look at how many paypal accounts there are and the few anti-paypal sites / disgruntled users then you will see it is a bare minimum.

Paypal can't bail out folks when they let themselves be scammed etc but those are the folks that go setting up anti paypal sites......you have to have some common sense to use paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.