Paypal letting fraudulent scumbags win as usual.

jtgoff893

I bought a runescape via paypal from someone, And he stole it back the very next day. I disputed the payment and he actually escalated it to a claim and somehow won! I then appealed the decision and provided this...

"I posted an ad on sythe.org requesting to purchase a runescape account. The seller then contacted me on skype offering to sell me his account, as shown in the following pictures. <removed>

We then acquired a trusted middle man from sythe.org and began working out the transaction through skype, and everything went smoothly, as showed in the following pictures. <removed>

(Photo's of me contacting middleman and giving him my e-mail that the account was going to be switched over too. <removed>

Then the middleman sent me a private message on sythe.org with the info of the account to finalize the transaction, as shown in the following picutres. <removed>

The account was succesfuly switched over to e-mail account, as shown in the following pictures. <removed>

The day after I bought the account, after getting home from work I tried to login to the account. But the account's password and e-mail were both changed. I contacted the seller asking why he recovered the account and he denied doing so, as shown in the following pictures. <removed>

I decided to do my own investigation on the e-mail being changed and my first idea was to check if he switched the e-mail to his own. So I went to account recovery on runescape and used his e-mail instead of my own, , and it worked. After discovering that the e-mail was switched back to his own personal e-mail, I confronted him with this information, as shown in the following pictures. <removed>

He continued to deny recovering the account, and offered to attempt and recover it for me, then he began ignoring my messages ,and deleted me off skype, as shown in the following pictures. <removed>

This seller is a fraud, a con-artist, a scammer, and a thief.

Thank you for reviewing this evidence. "

Then paypal STILL sided with him in the claim, and there reason for siding with him was.. "

We've completed our review and unfortunately are not able to decide this case in your favor.

During our review, we found that your seller had sufficiently described the merchandise.  "

Apparently it's ok to scam and steal from someone as long as you "sufficiently describe the merchandise" .

Thanks paypal, definitely never using your services again, and will make sure this story makes it's rounds on many websites.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

daynanyberg

I am planning on filing a law suit due to this kind of garbage. Paypal conttinouly allows them to get away with ripping off the consumers. 

I am so done with this kind of way of doing buisness. 

Login to Me Too

shannonranee

they let <remove> buyers get away with it also.  I just had them refund someone who bouht a perfectly good item from me, ruined the item and then wanted to return it for a fullrefund.  Now I am out the money AND the merchindise.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.