Paypal is impossible to deal with and support theives

bfrasier2
New Community Member

I ordered an expensive watch and used my Paypal credit and account to order it because I thought I would be protected. The joker sent me ittle kids toy watch that the works had even been removed. He admitted wrong doing and I filed a dispute that Paypal took on. They asked me to return the item at my cost to this seller in Japan. I am in a remote community in Alaska that does not have UPS or FEDEX. I can only send stuff via the go old USPS. I packaged it up likr thry asked and spent 25$. I sent it with a tracking number for the USPS. Once it hits California I get told they don't support tracking overseas. What the **bleep**? So now Paypal denies my dispute because they weren't provided a valid tracking number. They never asked for pictures of the garbage I received and the communication from the seller admitting he made a mistake, nothing but buttkiss. I am out almost $2000 over their protecting the wrong person. I will spend my waking hours bashing this system until someone talks to me. No one communicates and no one listens.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Paypal gives some buyer and some seller protection but it is your responsibility to risk assess your transactions and whether you want to go ahead or not.

If you bought from a seller in your own country and sent the item back then you would have got your refund.

But you chose to take the risk and buy internationally a high rvalue item and lost out due to the tracking.

If you had read up on buyer protection before you started buying on paypal you would have known that you have to return the item back to the seller trackable and could have taken that into consideration before you decided to go ahead with your transaction.

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card (and most folks do for high value items for extra protection), then contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ava_B
Contributor
Contributor

What happened was you ran into a classic issue of a seller who knows how to work a system in his favor. Truth be told, I don't think you researched the seller properly. Did you look at his feedback ratings? Did you see what other customers said about him? If not, than you're the reason you lost $2000. Honestly, I don't believe in spending that much without seeing the merch in person with my own eyes. If you're going to drop $2k, do it in person at a reputible establishment. Or, at least make sure you ordered from the actual maker of said watch. Also, make sure you read everything there is about Paypal's coverage.

However, it sounds more like you need to take things up with the seller, not Paypal. All you did was use Paypal as a service. It's like paying with a credit card. What does Paypal have to do with a purchase you made willingly? You forked over the cash. The seller ripped you off. I have no idea where you made the purchase, but you should contact the vending service, like Ebay, Etsy, etc. They're the ones who should be able to help. Paypal is a payment service, not a third party who can cover your butt when a seller rips you off. I get that you're angry for losing a ton of money. But don't shove the blame on Paypal for your shortcomings. Be the adult you are and do your homework instead of blindly trusting a seller.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.