Paypal Capital 3rd loan denied over one case?

pbells
Contributor
Contributor

Confused and a bit frustrated.

I have been approved for 2 paypal loans without any issues, have paid both off early.

The first loan was for 1500, the 2nd was for 3000. I just paid off the 2nd loan in about 120 days- I had a balance of about 1500 just paid it off in one lump sum

Sales have been consistent, about 55,000 over the last 12 months. Average between 4000 to 6000.

I have a single case according to paypal, the item didnt fit, so no problem it was replaced, and eventually a refund was sent. No escalation or charge back. In fact the item was sold to someone else, it fit perfectly ( Gun grips). The buyer apparently tried 4 different grips 2 from other vendors, none fit, so apparently after a discussion we figured his gun was modified.

Consistent sales 3 reps have told me its an otherwise excellent account.

I didnt wait the 48 hrs to reapply, but my paypal account record shows paid in full.

Any suggestions the CSR was friendly but no real answer.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

Sr2016
The same happened to me. Paid off second loan early and have been denied multiple times since then. I was told to keep reapplying. It's been almost 3 months and no one can give me a good reason why I can't get an approval. So frustrating
Login to Me Too

Myrifonta
Contributor
Contributor
Same this here why is it always the 3rd app? Now I'm in a bind. Is there someone who denied and got approved afterwards?
Login to Me Too

kingdaddy2004
Contributor
Contributor

I was approved back in August for a 1000 dollar loan I paid it off in January went to apply for another and have been turned down repeatedly. Finally called Working Capital to see what the problem was and was told that because I have not made 20,000 dollars in the last 12 months I am uneligiable for the loan. She said you have to have sales of 20,000 dollars a year or more to be eligiable for the loan.  I HAVE NEVER EVER MADE 20,000 A YEAR ON EBAY!! So how was I apporved for the first loan???? I have been on ebay since 2006 and have a lifetime sales of 40,000 dollars. When I told this to the lady she said that has always been the critera so I had to have made that much and agian I told her I think I would know if I made 20,000 dollars in a year and I am telling you I did not!! She wanted to argue with me. If this is true and it is a critera then someone somewhere made a mistake by giving me the first loan!!

Login to Me Too

drshousecalls
Contributor
Contributor

I just got the wind knocked out of me.  This is my 9th loan.  We do $1M plus per year.  All lonas have been paid back in one or 2 months for $20k.  The last loan was $85k, after 6 months, (TODAY) I decided to pay pack the remaining $36k and reapply for a new loan to stock up for spring break.  I was denied.  This has left me totally in the air.  I should have just kept my $36k and continued with the payments.

Login to Me Too

UAP
Contributor
Contributor
I have same problem like you. So did you reapplied it and got approved after that ?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.