PayPal Debit Card Declining

qwerty123
Contributor
Contributor

I've had my PayPal debit MasterCard ever since PayPal came out with them. Nice service BUT the one thing I hate, and something PayPal doesn't advertise is there's a double limit on the card. For example, it shows "Daily spending limit: $3,000.00 | Daily ATM limit: $400.00". BUT if you try to go some store and make a purchase for $3000 i'ts going to decline whether you have the money in your  linked banked account or not.  

There is a second "hidden" limit on the card; you can only spend based on how much you transfer to your PayPal balance.  For instance, a few months ago my cat was injured and I had to take her to the vet.  The vet bill was $200.  Tried to use the PayPal card to pay for it, declined, declined, declined; I was also pretty embarassed because when it declined the doctor pulled me into a small room and said my card declined and how was I going to pay for it? I couldnt undersetand why it would decline; I had just used it earlier for lunch which was like only $8.  So I called up customer service and was told  I had to transfer money to the PayPal account from my bank account a few times for it let me use it on higher priced purchases. 

PayPal you really need to put in the accounts page what that spending amount is because its emabarassing to go to a store, and then have it decline. For example a few days ago, I got two new PayPal debit cards in the mail.  I went to a store and tried to use them. Declined. So I had to drive all the way back home 7 miles to get my old cards ... but then even THEY Declined too! The total purchase was $105 for 2 items I was buying. So then I told the cashier to pay for each item separeately, she put the same items thru as two different purchases and they went through. Time wasted? 21 minutes of the cashier's time and mine + wasted gas. One item was for $83 and the other for $31 so I'm guessing I can spend no more than $100 on the card at one given time.

This information needs to been by us so we know how much we can spend on the card before we use it to avoid it declining at stores.  PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE SOON!!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.