Limitation

amaarfish3
Contributor
Contributor

My paypal account got limited recently for "secuirty reasons" i realized i had tryed to login paypal with hotspot shield on by mistake which made paypal think i had logged in a different ip so obviously my account got limited so i went over to do the steps i changed my password , put new secuirty questions but i couldn't do the last step which is confirm CC because i had a prepaid card on my account which has no bank statement i have explained that to the customer support on the phone multiple times and they finally got the idea after i wasted half my money on phonecalls so they asked for my ID so i sent it they than asked for the backside of my ID and they promised that this will be resolved as soon as i send that so i did send that next thing you know i get an email saying appeal denied, i'm really furious because my account isen't at risk and they are doing this. So i asked can i atleast get my 247$ dollars which are frozen on my account they refused and said i need to wait 180 days well i can't wait 180 days because that money doesn't belong to me i put it as balance in that account so i can pay someone which is about to get me in trouble with the police now i need immediate help or else i might start looking for a lawyer and sui this website for damages including phone bills.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

contact customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

amaarfish3
Contributor
Contributor

i did mate a million times and all they reply with is "our limitation is a final decision" without discussing how urgent i need the money sent to someone which i owe, it's like i'm mailing a robot.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Not sure what else you can do really.

Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

amaarfish3
Contributor
Contributor

messaged them on facebook i doubt i'll ever get a reply though.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Folks seem to be more successful contacting them that way then the normal email message so good luck and update if you are successful.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

amaarfish3
Contributor
Contributor

i doubt i'll be succesful but i'll update you anyway ... i'm really frustrated by the customer support too because everytime i called them they promised to call me back if i run out of credit none of them ever did... and one of them was really rude he put me on hold tell i ran outa credit right after i told him it's most likely gonna shut if we don't speak faster.

Login to Me Too

amaarfish3
Contributor
Contributor

i also reached out for a lawyer he suggested i file a law suit he also mentioned 7 different cases regarding damages including holding my money and hiding behind "for your safety" after i told them i got my own account limited by mistake and no one ever got in it and after providing identification and even a picture of my credit card. Yeah i'm most likely going to let the supreme court deal with this as i've had enough they can hold my 247$ all they want i could careless but i won't let this go silently like others did. I refuse to be a victim of fraud.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes sometimes principals are more important than money.

BUT can i suggest you read the user agreement in detail first as you may waste money and lose as they have a lot of "outs" in their user agreement but only a lawyer can tell you your chances.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

amaarfish3
Contributor
Contributor

they're not being ethical that's enough to win any lawsuit and most likely the charges will be against the people that handeled my case individually not against the company.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.