Improvements to the Shipping Label Tool

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

There are some exciting new changes coming in the next few weeks and months!

We are replacing our current shipping label tool for another that can save you time and money.

Over the next few weeks, PayPal will be directing customers to a new and improved tool for creating shipping labels. 

The new PayPal tool is powered by eBay and very similar to the current one, but it is easier to use and comes with added advantages, including extra service options, and USPS shipping rates that are up to 32.5% less than what you pay now.  You can read all about the benefits in the new tool’s FAQs

What Do I Need to Do?

Nothing right now.  Just be aware that starting March 27, 2012, when you go to create a shipping label, you may be automatically directed to use the new PayPal tool.

How Does the Shipping Label Tool Work?

Working with the new tool should be easy and very similar to the one you use now.  If you do need help, these FAQs, demos, and tutorials are right there to walk you through the process and answer any questions you may have.

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming improvements! If you have any questions that aren't covered in the resources linked above, please feel free to post them here. 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
173 REPLIES 173

yankees2000
New Community Member

I'm still having problems with the labels printing the receipts/instructions on half the sheet of paper.  I have the Printing A Receipt box unchecked.  Ever since the new interface was updated I've had this issue.  Any other ideas to fix the problem I'm experiencing would be lovely!

Login to Me Too

Spiderwrulf
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe try using a different Browser.  I use 3 different Browsers at any given time for different sites.  IE seems to be working ok for Paypal for  me at the moment.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

Some great questions were asked in our Shipping Label Tool Update Workshop. Click to view the discussion. 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

hlj
Contributor
Contributor

is there an issue with multiple order labels?  i have tried yesterday and today to use the tool and go through all the steps clicking pay and print and it comes up with an error that it is not available.  yet i can print and pay for them individually.

please help.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi hlj,

Welcome to the forums! 🙂

Good question! That topic came up in our Shipping Label Tool Update Workshop. MultiOrder Shipping is not yet a part of the new tool. You can still use the current MultiOrder Shipping feature.

I hope this helps! 🙂

Olivia

Login to Me Too

ExpertCompSci
New Community Member

Wow! ebay encourages it's users to take advantage of the "Print Shipping Labels" feature which redirects to PayPal.

Fine!

From PayPal, every time I attempt to ship it attempts to create a UPS account, even though I select the "I have an account" radio button and provide an account ID. Now I have two account ID's with UPS and no passwords! What is this?

Login to Me Too

westernelectric
Contributor
Contributor

With the old PayPal shipping, I received an email receipt when I created a shipping label with the shipping address, service, cost, and Delivery Confirmation number for USPS. With the new tool I only get an email with a "Receipt for Your Payment to eBay Inc Shipping", with a Delivery Confirmation number, but no delivery address or other information. It is not helpful having a number and no address to remind me where it was going. I use the old PayPal emails to track my packages, it would be very helpful if the new recept emails could at least include the delivery address. 

Also, the old PayPal shipping allowed me to pay for the postage with my PayPal Extras credit card, and get points back. The new shipping tool deducts the cost directly from my PayPal account balance, and I don't see a way to pay with the credit card. It is still possible to pay for shipping with a PayPal credit card?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone! For those of you joining us for the first time, welcome to the Community! To everyone else, welcome back! 🙂

westernelectric - Thank you for your feature request! We're always working to improve the product, and we're looking into the possibility of having the address information added. It is not currently possible to pay for shipping labels with a PayPal credit product. If you have any more feedback regarding the Shipping Label Tool, please do post it in the Feedback forum.

jeremym - Please let me know if you're still experiencing this issue. We did have a problem, and I believe it has been fixed at this point. If you're still experiencing the issue, a representative can escalate your report to our technicians if you call or email.

JohnCard - Please make sure that you've got the latest version of Java installed, and that you have uninstalled and removed all previous versions of Java. Conflicts in the versions can cause problems like the one you're describing.

rfmtm - In Windows, please go to your control panel and then to your printer settings. Make sure that your Dymo printer is selected as the default. If an older printer or another feature is selected as the default, that would cause what you're describing. If you get to the control panel and it's already selected as the default, please call in for more specific troubleshooting.

mattun - Are you receiving an error? What exactly happens when you try to print?

sonofagun231 and brownfido - What browser are you using? Have you tried clearing cookies and cache in your browser? Have you tried it in a different browser? What is the result?

celticcroft - When you get an error, are you seeing the sample label, or just a blank page with the error? This also may be Java related. Please make sure you've uninstalled/removed all old versions. It sounds silly, but you'd be surprised how often that's the culprit!

For shipping options not available in MOS, try going to Click N Ship. You'll lose the convenience of the information being ported in for the label automatically, but it will allow you to fulfill those orders where the non-supported shipping options have been requested.

If you'd like to supply any other feedback about requested features, please do post in the Feedback forum. Not all requests can be met, but the feedback that is collected there is definitely being seen by the folks who are building and refining the service.

Stormspell - Eventually, the new Shipping Tool will be available for off-eBay transactions as well. There is no target date available at this time.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

jeremym
New Community Member

Managed (Secondary) users - without email address - cannot login to new https://www.paypal.com/ splash screen.

If you click the login button with an email address or password inserted it redirects to

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login-submit

You can login there but then when you go to perform an activity like shipping, you are now directed to a page requiring you to login with an email address.  This is seriosly crippling the functionality of managed users.  Please fix ASAP!!!!

Anyone else having this issue?

Login to Me Too

gcarr
Contributor
Contributor

We are sending this message using Firefox browser because we are unable to use PAYPAL with IE or CHROME browsers. We keep getting a BAD REQUEST cookie error.

This has been going on for over 2 months now. PLEASE DO NOT TELL US TO CLEAR COOKIES AS WE HAVE DONE SO 100 times and it only works for 1 to 3 traqnsactions.

Here it is from Chrome.

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Cookie: X-PP-SILOVER=773171ffd3ead328a3fd20d7a015ffd5863af7429974993dd69e6a4c8f549f5b9e95be448d7252811404caa6a760a5ea3236d2bbad9ba6ca8a0ec9ffc26954df078f10ae93c52237820849dd92ef35d57fa1b8fe31
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.