Improvements to the Shipping Label Tool

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

There are some exciting new changes coming in the next few weeks and months!

We are replacing our current shipping label tool for another that can save you time and money.

Over the next few weeks, PayPal will be directing customers to a new and improved tool for creating shipping labels. 

The new PayPal tool is powered by eBay and very similar to the current one, but it is easier to use and comes with added advantages, including extra service options, and USPS shipping rates that are up to 32.5% less than what you pay now.  You can read all about the benefits in the new tool’s FAQs

What Do I Need to Do?

Nothing right now.  Just be aware that starting March 27, 2012, when you go to create a shipping label, you may be automatically directed to use the new PayPal tool.

How Does the Shipping Label Tool Work?

Working with the new tool should be easy and very similar to the one you use now.  If you do need help, these FAQs, demos, and tutorials are right there to walk you through the process and answer any questions you may have.

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming improvements! If you have any questions that aren't covered in the resources linked above, please feel free to post them here. 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
173 REPLIES 173

QueenOfDreamsz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I just received money. Beside the transaction it always says "Print Shipping Label".

"Refund" is what's showing up beside this most recent payment for goods.

I've never had this happen. Is there another way to access the Shipping Label section?

Thanks for your help,

Queen Of Dreamsz

Login to Me Too

thisguysjunk
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same problem since June and paypal and Ebay are not linked!!!  What is going on !!!!!  Getting very frustrated with both sites!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

today808

Hi Olivia,

I was just wondering, but will delivery confirmation continue to be free for first class mail shilpping?

Currently I ship from eBay using first-class shipping for 99% of my packages and greatly enjoy the free delivery confirmation.

So I am wondering if the new shipping tool will continue to offer the free delivery confirmation for first-class mail.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi today808,

Welcome to the forums!

You will continue to have free Delivery Confirmation for First Class Mail. 🙂

Thank you for stopping by to ask! I hope you'll stick around the forums... and  maybe even Introduce Yourself!

(Same offer to Rasputin and GardenGirlAZ! :))

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

GardenGirlAZ
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, DC is free with all First Class Packages purchased online.

Login to Me Too

Teketron
New Community Member

Hello,

This new shipping tool already had a pre-launch a few months ago.  Paypal was directing customers to print shipping labels via eBay only.  We complained!

Important Questions:  We are NOT selling on eBay, then what?  Is paypal going to force us to have an eBay account just to print shipping labels?

Remember that a great deal of sales are done through websites that ARE NOT related to eBay.  Also, if the sale was not initiated or done through eBay, can you explain why will  we be directed to eBay?

Can you please clarify on this? 

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

-Teketron

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Teketron,

Thank you for bringing your question to this thread!

Currently, only labels for eBay transactions are printed through the new tool once a PayPal member is switched over.

A lot of really terrific features are available with use of the new shipping label tool. By moving to this new system, we will be able to provide our customers more shipping options, lower shipping rates, more cost-effective insurance choices, and more!

I hope this helps! 🙂

Olivia

Login to Me Too

RRhodes4
Contributor
Contributor

you did not address the question about using Paypal to receive $$ not generated through Ebay.  Will Paypal be available to send $$ on items sold other than on Ebay?  Simple yes or no, do not need an explanation just a simple answer.  Thank you,  Rick

Login to Me Too

paperboy
Contributor
Contributor

Rick, You can take money through PayPal from anywhere, not just for Ebay items. You can receive money if it's for merchandise or a loan or other personal use too. It can be sent from a checking account or credit card .

Login to Me Too

LazyDaisy
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not being transferred to the new shipping tool yet, has this been delayed? 

Also, will I be able to print 1st Class International labels?  The current tool only lets me print Priority & Express labels for international customers. Looking forward to more options...hopefully this is one of them!  🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.