I USED to like paypal

temp20220228r
New Community Member

I used to like paypal, until i started getting money in my account- then i get this 21 day BS??? when money comes in, it is used TO FEED MY FAMILY  i am not going to wait 21 days  when it money is there. and all your ridiculous steps have been met yet we can sit and drool over what you OWE me and wait for the day we can eat something besides bread? stupid- calling does nothing, emails do nothing- downgrade my account or in 22 days i will be gone along with a few others who are **bleep** off  I dont do the invoice thing, i much prefer the money to buy things we need.

I am off to continue to find a way

Harry

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ShiraYuki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

A lot of people misunderstood the purpose of payment holds and how it's important.

Payment holds happen especially to new sellers incase chargeback or disputes arise in the future and to make sure sellers will provide good selling habits. 

Scenario if there is no payment hold program:

New Seller received the payment

New Seller transfer the money to their bank or other account then never bother opening the account ever again

New Seller never sent the item bought

Buyer files dispute for item not received

PayPal needs to refund the money because of buyer's protection (PayPal lost money)

Also you have lots of ways to get the money faster than 21 days PayPal should have email you about t hat already.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

someone just posted a very article on how to expedite the release,it does not have to be 21 days,

mark it shipped and upload tracking,if no tracking,then marked processed and it helps if your buyer also acknowledge he has received the item.

We are spoiled,the instant someone pays us,we have use of the money in our account,in real world with your own merchant account,you batched up the charges every night and the earliest you will see the money deposited in your  bank account  would be 48 hours,if cross border,it will be longer.

think of what is invoved to collect the payment,it is not like someone in cyberspace hands you cash and you run out of the door to start grocery shopping/ 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.