Hidden Fee to add money to PayPal with MoneyPak

rjrose
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a MoneyPak for $4.95 and loaded it with $300 to add to my PayPal account.  The Green Dot and PayPal websites say that "Once you purchase the MoneyPak, there are no additional costs to add the money to your PayPal account," BUT PayPal charged a $9.00 fee to add the MoneyPak money to my account.  Anyone have an idea what might have happened?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You're not the 1st person to report this issue.  Suggest contacting Green Dot and asking what's up.  There's been at least 3 others who have reported the same issue within the last week or so.  Green Dot and PayPal work closely together so they should be accountable.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You're not the 1st person to report this issue.  Suggest contacting Green Dot and asking what's up.  There's been at least 3 others who have reported the same issue within the last week or so.  Green Dot and PayPal work closely together so they should be accountable.

Login to Me Too

hinangel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am having exactly same issue with Paypal, they have charged me $9 for the 300 for both of my MoneyPak.

Do you mind telling me what has happened and how did you solve and get the fee back.

Thank You

Login to Me Too

victorjunkman55
Contributor
Contributor

pay pal and green dot are both crooks, take your money, charge you fees, wont answer your calls or emails, their customer support will drive you crazy, this is the worst company ever!!!!!  ready to shut all this down, these **bleep** are about done playing with my money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

napa

While I haven't been ripped off by this "fee" yet, I am expecting to be.  I have no choice but to use Green Dot because PP won't allow me to deposit funds to my account any other way.  I get a message page any time I log onto my account telling me to go to the Resolution page to solve some mythical problem.  This must be done before I can add any funds, it says.  OK, but the Resolution page says there are no problems and never have been.  Repeated emails to PP get gibberish for replies.  I finally got one claiming I needed to verify my email by clicking the link within the message.  The link didn't work!  I haven't changed my email address in decades, and everything in my Profile is correct.  So, I get to keep paying $4.95 for a Green Dot card every time I buy something for $10.  I may be paranoid, but since eBay owns PayPal, I wonder just who owns Green Dot?  They apparently all use the same ignorant, non-responsive, foreign dufases for customer (dis)service.

Login to Me Too

purify100
Contributor
Contributor

SCHEDULE OF FEES AND CHARGES

Monthly Fee - A $4.95 monthly fee will be applied at the beginning of the 13th month after purchase, except where prohibited by law.

Purchase – There is a purchase price for the MoneyPak, which will be collected by the Sales Agent. Check with your retailer for information on these fees before you purchase the MoneyPak.

Hi I went to moneypak's website and clicked on "Does moneypak charge fees?"  a window opens up and you can click on terms and conditions and the first thing you'll see is "GreenDot's Terms And Conditions", just scroll down until you see what I pasted above from moneypaks site.  Yeah your right they charge you 4.95 each month after you make a purchase. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.