Funding Account Deactivation

Shemster
New Community Member

Hi,

This is literally my last chance to get some form of resolution on this. I have called, emailed and even tweeted and it has led me to believe that my current predicament is somewhat purposeful.

In a nut shell someone used my account to make an in-store purchase at Home Depot to the amount of nearly $700.

Obviously startled by this, I was notified that the transaction was going through via email, was then told that PayPal could not stop the transaction, only my bank could. They said the same thing...

Long story short the payment went through however PayPal did refund me pretty speedily so up to this point I am ok.

However what has now transpired is that I can no longer make payments using my bank account as a funding source. This means every time I send money on a monthly basis to my fiancee, as I have done for a long time, I have to use my credit card. This on average would cost me around $50 of additional monthly fees hence the reason why I have avoided it.

When I have contacted PayPal they have said their fraud checks have stopped me from doing this even though at this point they know exactly who I am.

I have so many emails on this basically saying use your credit card, easily accessible from your phone and at the same time purposely ignoring my initial request.

So again, how do I go back to sending payments via my bank account?

I especially disillusioned because all this stemmed by the lack of security that PayPal provided.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry, this is a user forum and we do not have access to people's accounts or the back end technical stuff so, your only option is to contact PayPal customer service and get an agent that assist you.  You may need to encounter a number of them until you find one that can.  

Another option is close the old bank account and open a new one and link it to your PayPal account.  When you've linked your new   Bank account, you can unlink your old bank account from PayPal?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.