Fraud Alert

Melodicious74
Contributor
Contributor

I recently posted Samsung Galaxy S6 brand new still in the box on Craigslist for $450. and right away got 2 people wanting to over pay for it and wanting me to ship it.. They were asking me for my paypal email so they could send me the pymnt for it right then.

So I researched Paypal Scams and on the first search was the description of these two scumbags were up too. Once I would have mailed my phone off giving them the tracking number, they would have done a charge back AND got my phone too.

I texted the person back and said I'd rather send you a money request, so send me your paypal email instead and so he did..<removed>

I had just been scammed by another company on facebook that was offering an eye cream all I had to pay was shipping. Then 14 days later they charge your card for $85.00 .after they get enough suckers they remove the ad. And can no longer be found, not on facebook or anywhere. And that was called Skinyouth. Paypal did get my money back but these are professional scammers and sent paypal some terms & conditions claiming were present at the time I paid for the shipping, therefore paypal had to give it back to them. It was one of those videos you could see the wrinkles disappear right before your eyes. Unfortunately the product I received is a fraud as well.. So this was a very costly lesson learned. The good thing is that I already had my dukes up and ready for the next ones trying to buy my phone thru paypal.

I really dont feel as secure anymore making my transactions thru paypal, especially if I sell something and someone so easily can keep my product and keep their money too.  Very disappointed.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Melodicious74
Contributor
Contributor

How can alerting the community of an email that belongs to a thieving scammer need to be removed? It seems it should be more a need to know kind of info. Seriously, who are we protecting here? Wouldnt you want to know?

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Melodicious74
Contributor
Contributor

How can alerting the community of an email that belongs to a thieving scammer need to be removed? It seems it should be more a need to know kind of info. Seriously, who are we protecting here? Wouldnt you want to know?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.