Entering tracking numbers for your customer

jtz2
Contributor
Contributor
When I marked a purchase as shipped in eBay, I also entered the tracking number in eBay. That info did not integrate over to PayPal. I was wondering, if I enter the number through PayPal instead, will that be sent to eBay? Any shortcuts appreciated. Thanks.
Login to Me Too
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Nope, whilst ebay own paypal they work as x2 separate companies.

Personally i just enter it into paypal and don't bother with ebay.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You mark it as shipped in your ebay "my ebay"

Advice is voluntary.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You don't have to add a tracking number but new sellers get their money released more quickly if they do that and the tracking number shows the item as delivered + 3 days on paypal.

When you mark an item shipped on ebay then ebay send an email to your buyer to state the item has been shipped.

Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.

Login to Me Too
Solved

jtz2
Contributor
Contributor

Next week is going to be so much smoother than last week. I have a process in place now and I appreciate it. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Nope, whilst ebay own paypal they work as x2 separate companies.

Personally i just enter it into paypal and don't bother with ebay.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jtz2
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. Newbie here trying to simplify. That's what I'll do, too. After my first note, I was wondering; does PayPal mark it as shipped when you enter the tracking # (or have an area to do that) or do you have to go back to eBay to mark as shipped? Sorry, should have asked this before, but typing up the first SOS was complicated enough for me!

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You mark it as shipped in your ebay "my ebay"

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jtz2
Contributor
Contributor

OK. Got it. Go to "My eBay" and mark as shipped. Then, go to PayPal to enter the tracking #. That's quirky to me, but if that's the way its gotta be, I'm ready to do it that way and move on.

Thank you so much for your extremely rapid response. Excellent

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You don't have to add a tracking number but new sellers get their money released more quickly if they do that and the tracking number shows the item as delivered + 3 days on paypal.

When you mark an item shipped on ebay then ebay send an email to your buyer to state the item has been shipped.

Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jtz2
Contributor
Contributor

I want the customer to know what's going on, but I don't want to flood them with email. Does PayPal send them an email about the shipment (in addition to eBay's) when you enter the tracking number through them? I'm going to have this straight after today's info exchange...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No paypal don't send them any more emails than the one to say they have paid.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too
Solved

jtz2
Contributor
Contributor

Next week is going to be so much smoother than last week. I have a process in place now and I appreciate it. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

thechefspicey
Contributor
Contributor

I think you are not getting 100% correct information. When you sell something through ebay and ship it through ebay the tracking number is automaticly transfered over to paypal. I do it all the time

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.