Downloading Transactions

Debs888
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal have changed their format - yet again!! Does any business user know how to download the monthly transactions to Excel?  Last month (and in previous months) I could download them to excel, autosum the totals and use that as my reconciliation sheet - this month I can only print 'all activity' which spreads over 4 sheets and does not show the paypal fee taken against each payment received - I need this info to reconcile the bank accounts balances!  I wish they would stop changing things! A simple job has now turned into something  fiddly and frustrating..........grrrrr

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

joz
Contributor
Contributor

The old download history page is still available. But the interfaces are different for different account types and getting to the link/page is difficult than earlier.

These are the ways I have figured out so far.

Merchant Account - Transaction -> Activity -> Download Link on the right hand side.

Consumer Account - Activity -> Click on Statements DropDown on right hand side -> Activity Export

Irrespective of the account type, direct link https://history.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history-download works fine and I have bookmarked and using the same.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Suggest contacting Tech Support.  Maybe they have a work around.

https://ppmts.custhelp.com/app/home

(Don't think you're the only one who's unhappy - Many things have changed - not all for the good - for example we used to be able to download a year's worth of records - now you can only do 31 days at a time.  In addition, we had the option to include the items in the cart - that too is gone.)

Login to Me Too

Debs888
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks I will try the help desk and see if there is a solution - it was extremely irritating having to spend unnecessary time working it out manually today - time is money!  I don't think Paypal is being helpful for businesses at all.

Login to Me Too
Solved

joz
Contributor
Contributor

The old download history page is still available. But the interfaces are different for different account types and getting to the link/page is difficult than earlier.

These are the ways I have figured out so far.

Merchant Account - Transaction -> Activity -> Download Link on the right hand side.

Consumer Account - Activity -> Click on Statements DropDown on right hand side -> Activity Export

Irrespective of the account type, direct link https://history.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history-download works fine and I have bookmarked and using the same.

Login to Me Too

Debs888
Contributor
Contributor

I couldn't find a download link on the right in the new layout but the https address works a treat! I have also bookmarked this so that I can use it in the future.   Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too

amirsabouni
Contributor
Contributor

Orerockon
Contributor
Contributor

Wow this is insane. Thanks for the link, otherwise I would have to do the stupid 30 day download 12 times for last year. FWIW switching to classic view brings the page right back. And no cart items? How do they expect people to keep track of what items were purchaed? Talk about alienating merchant account holders. If switching to classic gets disabled (which I'm sure it will at some point), it would be the straw that broke the camel's back and I'm off to Square.

Login to Me Too

jaimesue
New Community Member

Thank you so much for the link! Saved me a ton of time. 🙂

Login to Me Too

WokingWounded
Contributor
Contributor

I want to download data in .QIF format for Microsoft Money incorporation but the system says USD only. Since my account is in GBP it won't work. How can I get round this?

Login to Me Too

cindy522
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so very much for this link to download transaction history for the full year.      The exact page I remember, but now impossible to find.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.