Disappointed in resolution center

garthman48
Contributor
Contributor

I recently had my first experience with the resolution center, and it sounds a whole lot like others i have read on htis forum.  I was very disappointed in paypal's handling of my issue.  

In short, I ordered 5 items from a vendor, and paid for them with paypal. three of the 5 items were not available, so vendor made partial shipment. After 6 weeks of waiting I cancelled the order for the remaining three items and requested a partial refund.   vendor said he couldn't refund because paypal had the funds. I made it clear i was looking for a partial refund but vendor tuned me out, so I disputed the charge and made several attempts (all documented in the resolution center thread) to resolve with him. Finally filed a claim for my refund.  Despite the documentation in the resolution center notes that i did not receive three of the five items, and vendor agreed i was due a refund,  paypal said sinec there was a tracking number that proved the shipment was sent,  i had no claim.  

Once paypal got out of the way, i was able to get a refund from the vendor.

My disappointment is centered on paypal, and their indifferent review of the documentation of the claim.   Noone  with possession of their faculties could have reached the decision to not partially refund the  portion of the payment that corresponded to the undelivered materials 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Psypal can't force a seller to do a part refund.

As per their buyer protection policy if the seller does not have a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to you then  you would get a full refund............they did so you did not get a full refund.

Buyer protection gives some  protection but it could never be !00% so its good you could sort it with your seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

garthman48
Contributor
Contributor

in the documentation in the resolution center, the vendor agreed they had not shipped three of the five items and didn't know when they would have them,   and i was due a partial refund.   how paypal could conclude i was not is beyond me. 

if the vendor had sent an empty  box with a tracking number,  i am betting paypal would have reached the same conclusion

i am still disappointed  in paypal's performance 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.