Customer service sucks

ShawneeIam
Contributor
Contributor

Two days ago, I called Paypal three times to resolve an issue.  I was not seeing my updated credit card information online.  My statement is normal.  Customer service help #1, (whom I could barely understand because of the accent) rerouted me to "direct help" to solve my problem.  Yeah, right!  It took me right back to the menu options.  This was AFTER she said it would take a few days for the information to show up online because it was just a glitch.  She also tried to say my email information was wrong.  Customer service help #2, (another foreign accent, but slightly easier to understand) wasted no time "connecting me directly to someone to help".  NOT again.  Straight back to the menu I was sent.  Grrrr.  This was after I repeatedly asked if she could please do anything about the sound because I could barely hear her.  Then I got a message stating, "No response from customer".  I call back again, thank you Jesus, this time I got a clear-speaking English rep, Lisa.  She was awesome, very cordial, and was obvious in caring about the customer.  However, when I was finally able to log on again, I see there is no way to redeem my rewards online.  I wrote down specific instructions from Lisa on how to do it so I wouldn't have to call again and get yet another rep.  Several days later, there is still no change online AND Lisa said my email address was perfectly fine.  Hmmm, go figure.  Now, I have to attempt to send a request to Paypal by email since I have no problem at least understanding the accent!  Let me make it clear, I am not against anyone with an accent, but customers do not need this hassle when they are already upset about their account information and wading through endless phone prompts and misinformation being fed them by clueless reps.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShawneeIam

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ShawneeIam
Contributor
Contributor

No, but it sure can't be any worse than contacting them any other way. I will give it a try, thanks.  It should never be this hard to get help.  I can't even find an email link or address on the paypal site anymore!  I am hoping they improve because if not, I will take my business elsewhere soon.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShawneeIam

Click on CONTACT bottom of every paypal page > phone option OR email.

BUT waste of time emailing, you are more likely to get a response via Facebook or Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Manon09
Contributor
Contributor
They actually fixed it!
Login to Me Too

ShawneeIam
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you to everyone who commented on my issues.  Your feedback is appreciated.

Login to Me Too

ShawneeIam
Contributor
Contributor

No, they did not fix my problem. I still can't access my rewards points to use them.  The online site has not changed yet for my own profile and information on my statement.

Login to Me Too

dhouck
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same difficulties in accessing the pages where points can be redeemed.  When clicking on "gift cards", it goes directly to my most recent account statement.  I had this trouble once before, and I honestly don't remember what the solution was.  But it is a big inconvenience and quite frustrating.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.